How to make Dino's much better at harvesting (compared to humans)?

Hi all,

I run a server on gportal with sensibly boosted settings, but I've ended up with my player being just as good as say a very high melee levelled mantis with high level picks. I'm simply wanting to keep my character as good as he is, and somehow allow Dino's to harvest even better but I don't know the best (or any) way to set this up. Currently, my character has 600% Melee using a 600% damage pick, and my mantis with 1200% melee with two of the same picks harvests the same amount as my character.

I admittedly have human melee set to 2x and dino to 1x, but I don't want to reduce the human setting as that'd half say the swords damage, and I don't want to double the dino damage as they're already well overpowered when fighting. Dino harvesting melee isn't clamped. I've tried increasing harvestable items' health, but I just get more regardless of who harvests.

So is there a way I can make my mantis actually worth using (by my settings at least 2x as good as my character) for harvesting? With my settings, I can farm 2,000 element in Genesis 2 space biome per run using either my character or mantis, but would like just the mantis to get 4,000 making me taming and using one actually purposefull.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions! :)

• Volunteer Moderator
2 hours ago, LargeStyle said:

So is there a way I can make my mantis actually worth using (by my settings at least 2x as good as my character) for harvesting? With my settings, I can farm 2,000 element in Genesis 2 space biome per run using either my character or mantis, but would like just the mantis to get 4,000 making me taming and using one actually purposefull.

Your character harvest as much as a Mantis because you have reached the cap of the nodes. Basically, each nodes can only yield so much and there come a point where increasing the harvesting damage has little to no effect anymore. The only way for you to achieve the configuration you want, would likely be to globally increase the health of the nodes by using the following multiplier:

# ../GameUserSettings.ini

[ServerSettings]
HarvestHealthMultiplier=1.0

Archived