Game Session Customization

Vilicus

(Typing on phone, sorry) 

Curious about how customizable we can make our game sessions.  On PC when starting a new game there is some control over aspects of the game like increases xp, short nights, longer days, faster taming.  But if you want faster baby maturation or to limit dino spawns you have to go into configs or edit via console.  Are more of these options more easily accessible in the console?  Also can gamma be increases and bloom eliminated from the menu?

You can play privately with up to 4 people. Apparently maybe if you could access the ark files on the hard drive you could mod the server settings like the pc but wouldn't know til it comesout or the devs would give some information on howyou can mod the settings for higher harvest, taming rates ext

Yeah I'm well aware of the multiplayer options for the Xbox One.  The only thing I dont know is how customizable the options are.  As it is, playing a singleplayer game on PC by default is very limited in what you customize within the range of the game itself.  Only after editing files manually are you able to truly make the game you want to play.  With this being a different scenario on the Xbox One, there are no files to edit, so I'm hoping that within the menu at game creation, more of the customizable options are prevalent.  Things like engram scalings per level, dino frequency/disabling... much like they offer through the Ark Server Remote tool.  Just tabs and tabs of different options I can slide or turn on/off. 

8 minutes ago, SwishPapaSweets said:

You can play privately with up to 4 people. Apparently maybe if you could access the ark files on the hard drive you could mod the server settings like the pc but wouldn't know til it comesout or the devs would give some information on howyou can mod the settings for higher harvest, taming rates ext

That would be interesting if we can alter the files through the xbox. This would be ideal as it's only me and 3 friends going to be playing!

Archived