PreventTransferForClassName

My main question in regards to this new INI setting is:

Does this apply to creatures of that type in cryopods?

It would be great to be able to block off the Genesis creatures from the rest of my cluster, or at least prevent them form the maps that the newbies play in.

I am also curious if we use it for transferring creates off a server, or put it onto a server we don't want that class to be able to be transferred on

• Volunteer Moderator

First of all, that setting is plural (there was a typo in the patch notes).

55 minutes ago, 1nc0mp3t3nc3 said:

Does this apply to creatures of that type in cryopods?

Yes, this apply to frozen creatures (at least, you cannot upload them in the ARK DATA, and although I haven't specifically tested inside my inventory, I assume it will get dropped).

It would be great to be able to block off the Genesis creatures from the rest of my cluster, or at least prevent them form the maps that the newbies play in.

You can restrict Genesis creatures to Genesis by adding them to your config like so:

# ../Game.ini

[/Script/ShooterGame.ShooterGameMode]
PreventTransferForClassNames=SpaceWhale_Character_BP_C
PreventTransferForClassNames=BogSpider_Character_BP_C
PreventTransferForClassNames=Shapeshifter_Small_Character_BP_C
PreventTransferForClassNames=Cherufe_Character_BP_C
PreventTransferForClassNames=GiantTurtle_Character_BP_C

And they won't be able to leave that server. However, you cannot use this setting to prevent them from being downloaded on specific servers. For that, you could try the following:

# ../Game.ini

PreventDinoTameClassNames=SpaceWhale_Character_BP_C
PreventDinoTameClassNames=BogSpider_Character_BP_C
PreventDinoTameClassNames=Shapeshifter_Small_Character_BP_C
PreventDinoTameClassNames=Cherufe_Character_BP_C
PreventDinoTameClassNames=GiantTurtle_Character_BP_C

On the servers you want to prevent players from taming certain species. However, I believe it only affect taming and they would still be able to download/unfreeze them. Test it and let me know, or I might when I get the chance.

I am also curious if we use it for transferring creates off a server, or put it onto a server we don't want that class to be able to be transferred on

You use that new setting on the servers you don't want certain species to be transferred out from.

1 hour ago, invincibleqc said:

Yes, this apply to frozen creatures (at least, you cannot upload them in the ARK DATA, and although I haven't specifically tested inside my inventory, I assume it will get dropped).

You can restrict Genesis creatures to Genesis by adding them to your config like so:

# ../Game.ini

And they won't be able to leave that server. However, you cannot use this setting to prevent them from being downloaded on specific servers. For that, you could try the following:

# ../Game.ini

On the servers you want to prevent players from taming certain species. However, I believe it only affect taming and they would still be able to download/unfreeze them. Test it and let me know, or I might when I get the chance.

You use that new setting on the servers you don't want certain species to be transferred out from.

Thanks. I will look at spinning up Genesis again. I was kind of hoping that Genesis I and II creatures could be used between both servers only with this new addition, but it's still nice there is now going to be a block that I can implement from frozen dinos uploading from Genesis back to the other servers.

Now I just need to do more testing to see if Genesis continues running into out of memory crashes before I put it back online full time

• 1 month later...
On 4/25/2021 at 1:17 PM, invincibleqc said:

# ../Game.ini

# ../Game.ini

ok, so I have done some thorough testing, and the PreventDinoTameClassNames is not preventing certain servers from having cvryopods with the tamed creatures thrown

aaand while the preventtransfer does work for preventing creature uploads, I have found that cryopods that contain the creature are still allowed to transfer, even with the PreventDinoTameClass added. This was tested with the pods in my inventory and hotbar.

Archived