Left a bit after aberration came out. What has changed? Worth coming back?

KILLOTRONJEDI

1 hour ago, KILLOTRONJEDI said:

Is official still pretty grindy? Do endgame Dinos still take several hours to tame?

Rates have been boosted since then, combine that with events and sometimes official seems like one of those unofficial ridiculous rate servers. Non event play has reached a decent level of grind/ non grind depending on who you talk to.

9 hours ago, KILLOTRONJEDI said:

Title says most of it. I left after aberration dropped. I'll take whatever information y'all give me. I do have some specific question,  as well : Is official still pretty grindy? Do endgame Dinos still take several hours to tame? What (if anything) is the meta currently? Thanks

Iv not too much time online, sadly I lost my ability to get on servers when I had to accept a mobile hotspot as my only source of internet, but from what I gathered about a year ago, online is still grindy, takes a lot of time to tame without kibble, raising boss fighters takes weeks, and last but not least, all of those values have been adjusted. 
Since aberration, Im gathering they adjusted it once by doubling all the settings....taming was 2x faster, gathering/harvesting is 2x more profitable, ect. ect. And while I could be wrong, they might have doubled again just after you left.......So while I still thought it was grindy, it might actually be 4x from what you delt with.

With that said tho, there has also been a few new maps.....extinction, genesis {part 2 is to be released in a month or so}, and crystal isles. You can also breed wyverns, bugs including mantis, and other creatures as well. Also the kibble system has been super simplified. More or less yuty eggs will tame everything that can take kibbles. They have also added more tek stuff and if you either play offline or on a non dedicated sever, they are bringing back classic flyers options where you can level up flyer speeds again. But if your not into that, you can tame up a tropagnathus and throw a jetpack on it.

With all of that said however, I feel as though they are starting to come to an end to the current ark 1 run. They have already announced that their support of primitive plus has ended and with the announcement of ark 2, it is somewhat accepted that genesis 2 will be the final installment of ark 1 before moving their focus to ark 2.

In the end, a lot has changed, but it is still ark. All the wonder and bugs and grind is still real.

Archived