Cannot join local dedicated server after upadte

toshe3

I play with my son in the weekends. Every so often Ark makes an update and I need to restart the server. Today however after multiple restarts I cannot join Steam client to my local dedicated server. It worked before, after the update I cannot join it. I cannot see it in the list of the servers from the ark client.

What is the solution?
I'm sooooo frustrated because my son and I had plans and how we have to waste the weekend chasing stupid ARK problems. I wish ARK never updated.

Been working on fixing this for myself all day...
Finally found a post in the steam community for Ark that stated that Ark updates regularly forget to update the ShooterGameServer.exe in steam folders when sending updates for the game. So you have to do an app update with SteamCMD. https://ark.gamepedia.com/Dedicated_Server_Setup

So, Download and use SteamCMD to download the server files into another location and then copy over only the ShooterGameServer.exe from the ShooterGame\Binaries\Win64 folder to the same location in the steam folders and then try starting your server. It should show as version 323.17 and then be visible again.

Hey thank you, great job.

I used steamcmd on the past, so i know it download huge quantity of files and i have not a fast internet connexion.

So i made a directory c:\test and launched steamcmd in this directory (as shown in gamepedia.com)

and then, I  looked steamcd first downloaded files,

=> Bingo, shootergameserver.exe was quickly in C:\test\steamapps\downloading\376030\ShooterGame\Binaries\Win64

as soon as i got it, i stopped steamcmd and copied the file the right steam directory.

now it works again.

my c:/test took 10GB of disk space in few seconds ! => delete :D

Response to my ticket:

GM Aytho Today at 16:01

Greetings Survivor,

Thank you for contacting Studio Wildcard Customer Support.
We are sorry to hear about your issues with the private servers. As Customer Support, there are limitations on the amount of support we are able to offer in regards to this since we do not have access to your server. For more information on private servers, please click here. We hope you find this link useful!

Should anything else arise, please do not hesitate to reach out to us again, and thank you for your support of ARK: Survival Evolved!

Sincerely,

GM Aytho
Studio Wildcard
http://www.studiowildcard.com

MAC users still on 322.9 and this issue still there.  This is not just one MAC user with this issue.   If the developers were to run a test case on dedicated servers I'm sure they would be able to find the issue fairly quickly.   You keep breaking it when you do an update (not a one off) and then you keep fixing it!  Please prioritise fixing issues you have created for your current customers.  How long should I wait for a fix until I request a refund for my purchase? - Sale of Goods act.  

There seems to (possibly) be 2 issues here

1) Ark update not distributing ShooterGameServer.exe 

and 2) an alteration in the way networking code works in Ark:

I quote a post on a different thread I made around this below (Unfortunately there was no response to that post so I dunno if its valid or not - but it worked for me!)

Maybe try changing the server query port - I have had recent success with port 26900 or 26901 or 26902 - up to 26905. The ports on the Wiki  (27015, 27016, 27017) were problematic for me over the last while (although they did used to work). This particularly seems to be an issue when running both an Ark server & the actual game on a LAN through a single public IP addressed firewall.

Archived