Structure rendering on server very slow

Wikus

Hi all , I have setup a new server with ASM , but the rendering of structures is extremely slow. If I leave my base and come back it takes about 5 minutes for my structures to render in.
Some details:

- The server and client is on the same pc. So network lag is not a factor.
- I always played SP and never had this issue in SP. I switched to using server to get rid of the various spawning issues in SP.
- It is the same map as I used in SP that I copied over to the server. The Island
- PC Specs: CPU : Gen 9 I7 8 cores , RAM: 64gig DDR4 3200mhz , GPU: Geforce GTX1070Ti 8gig GDDR5
- Windows 10 64bit fully updated as well as all other drivers updated ( including Nvidia drivers )
- Mods: Equalized dino levels , awesome teleporters , awesome spyglass , dino tracker , no cryo cooldown
- While the server is running and I am in-game inside my base I checked the cpu and ram in task manager and CPU is only at 60% used and RAM is only at 25% used. So neither RAM or CPU is overloaded.
- I play alone on the server , there is no other players on the server. ( It's what I hoped to be a better alternative to single player )
- I don't have rubber banding or lag perse , only the slow rendering of structures.

What can I do to fix the slow rendering of structures ? It's very frustrating to constantly have to wait 5 minutes for buildings to render in before I can continue playing. Is there some settings I can change to improve it ?

Thank you

26 minutes ago, Larkfields said:

Is it really 5 minutes to load a structure ?   Is it a large structure ?

Are you running the server on the same PC as you play the game?

The PC specs look sufficient for what you're doing, but are you running anything else at the same time?  Web browsers?

- Yeah , between 4 and 5 minutes to load all my structures in the base. The structures varies in size , but are not really that big.
The biggest ones are a 12x12 main building with storage , another 12x12 with some dinos in ( not very much , about 15 dinos ).
Then a smallish crafting area with smithy etc that I would say is not much more than about 8x8.
A Taming pen of 8x8
A Greenhouse of 5x5
And that's about it.
All buildings are single story and not multiple floors high.
Apart from the Dino storage building there are some dinos standing around the base. Utility and fighters and fliers. But all in all maybe 20 of them. Don't have a huge heap of Dinos.
I also have a water pen with some water dinos in. Around 10 of them
Overall it's really not a very big base by any means. I have seen way bigger online.

- Yes. Same pc. I play exclusively single player. But it has all the well known resource , dino and Artifact spawning issues. And I have read so many times people say " Host your own dedicated server on same pc. It works great and gets rid of all the spawning issues"
So that is why I am doing the server thing.

Some additional info:

Currently the server and the client is on the same drive. It's the second drive in my PC where all my games are installed and is a normal HDD.
Something I am going to try tonight when I am home is to shift the server to the OS drive which is a SSD drive. I think it might help not having both on the same drive and at the same time the server will then be on SSD instead of HDD. Will post some feedback here after I have done that test.

Archived