Some "Enhanced Combat" Opinions.

TimeBomb2003

Suggestion

2 replies to this server topic

Feel like this is a more player side thing. Maybe a dino like the Mantis could use this, but no amount of "parrying" from a Trike is gonna stop a Rex from destroying it. Also consider that many creatures probably don't have the dexterity for this kind of combat. I think it could be cool to add a creature that could "counterattack" kinda like a counter like Smash Bros, but it would be hard to pull off in Ark. 

14 hours ago, Qwertymine said:

Feel like this is a more player side thing. Maybe a dino like the Mantis could use this, but no amount of "parrying" from a Trike is gonna stop a Rex from destroying it. Also consider that many creatures probably don't have the dexterity for this kind of combat. I think it could be cool to add a creature that could "counterattack" kinda like a counter like Smash Bros, but it would be hard to pull off in Ark. 

Well I think that some of the armored creatures would have better parrying and blocking, and bigger creatures like the rex could have slower attacks(easier to parry), but high damage. Plus I agree in that a lot of the creatures probably wouldn't be able to do that in real life, but I think it would be ok to bend the rules a bit in a game like Ark.

Archived