Suggestion

Hi there, I had an idea for two new creatures that I believe would be a nice addition to ark. First the Vulpes qiuzhudingi, a carnivore typically found in the snow biomes and redwoods. Slightly smaller from a direwolf, but much faster unrideable hunting companion with a stronger bite, that can be found solitary or in pairs. Having said that coming across them in the wild could be dangerous with a dismouting lunge attack that can hold you in place for a few seconds (similar to the raptor) before letting go and running off to prepare for another lunge. Because of its slightly smaller stature it would come with lett hit points and lower torpidity.

Similar to its fox predecessor it could burro and make a "nest" and to tame it you would be a form of passive tame, placing either raw mutton or rabbit (idea for a second creature) at the entrance while staying out of site.

Overall I feel like this creature would be a fun and exciting addition to ark that isn't too far fetched and balanced. A solo or pair hunter that is exceptionally fast and with a slightly stronger bite, but less hit points. Tameable, breedable, but not rideable with a modified passive tame with only 2 sources to tame with with. (Id love to see a little fox burro like how the reaper or perlovia go underground)

The second creature I would like to suggest it the Nuralagus, a small skittish rabbit like creature that flees on sight of the survivor. A incredibly fast passive tame (rockcarrots only) that could detect when a dangerous animal is near by. When killed it would drop small amounts of rabbit meat something that works like mutton but is the exclusive preferred food of the Vulpes.

Though not only used for taming the Vulpes they can be exceptionally useful in farming as well. Placing them in a greenhouse on wander the would auto collect your crops but be careful or they will eat all of your carrots. Place them on the ground on wander and they will begin clearing out foliage and finding a unfarmable plant the beat.

Beats could be used to create a more potent version of the medical brew (5 beats+1 brew+5 narcotic= 1 boosted medical brew) that could restore 150-200 points of hp to both players and tames.

Sorry for the horrible spelling and grammar, had to get these ideas down on paper asap.

3 replies to this server topic

For enemy detection, parasaurs already do that! As for the rest... this is ark, not minecraft, and tends to focus on prehistoric and semi-realistic fantastical creatures rather than real, modern creatures like rabbits and foxes. (granted there are some odd exceptions like sheep, so I guess it’s possible.) Farming creatures are a popular request, I like this for the fact that there’s a certain, if a little silly, risk to having them do so. (Not that silly is a bad thing, ark could use a little bit now and then, but not overwhelmingly so) No complaints there other than maybe a rabbit isn’t the best choice, try for a different, ancient critter.

As for the fox idea, a creature that fits in the food chain or slightly above the dilo would be nice, there seems to be a pretty large gap in the food chain there, going from the barely-a-threat dilo and compy to the much more deadly raptors, troodon, etc. Not sure about it being a fox, since it doesn’t quite fit the game’s theme, but still a good idea!

No. We already have the Purlovia to fill the role of Tundra dismounter, and the rabbit thing would just be competing with the Ovis, which isn't skittish so it's 100% better for hunting. Plus, Parasaur is already better at this detection role simply because it has more health and armor, and is rideable(Therefore better positioned and utilized). 

Also, don't comment on your own post saying it's cool like we can't tell it's you. 

Archived