YourFavoriteOni

Suggestion

Make The Heir's Tameable!

With Crystal Isles now released on console, we finally get to go around and take a look at a beautiful and wonderous world with the addition of a "few" new creatures: The Crystal Wyverns. However, these passive tamed, smaller varients of the regular Wyvern also have an aggressive counterpart. The Crystal Wyvern Heir, and it looks AWESOME!!

Understandably, they're heirs to the queen, and should not be tamed, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't be able to tame one as a regular crystal wyvern... does it?

After doing a little bit of experimenting on a personal server, I have learned that:

- Crystal Wyvern Heir nests do not spawn correctly
- Crystal Wyverns match the max level of regular wild tames (most likely for the level increase upon being tamed)
- Crystal Wyvern taming does not matter what type of crystal you use, the rate goes up the same
- Crystal Wyverns have 2 varients of the species type: Crystal Wyverns and Crystal Wyvern Heirs
- They're actually not as weak as previously thought. They decimated my max level wyvern within seconds...
- The Heir looks different in which it wears a Wyvern Skull rather than showing crystals on its head
- The Heir's damage does NOT differ from the Crystal Wyverns found around the map, and if it does then there is some sort of bug making them equal
- The Heir's eggs should produce a Crystal Wyvern Heir, not a regular Crystal Wyvern

Why should they produce an Heir rather than a regular Crystal Wyvern?
If their stats match their counterpart found around the map, then why limit the players on which varient they can tame? Say you breed a regular Tropical Crystal Wyvern with a Tropical Crystal Wyvern Heir, you should get a 100% REGULAR Tropical Crystal Wyvern. The purpose of an "heir" is that they are heir to a throne. If these heirs are all "breeding" and leaving eggs in nests, the offspring should be an heir, not a regular Crystal Wyvern as it means none of those Wyverns are truly "Heirs" and thus should be tameable.

Personally, I think the alphas should truly be called the Crystal Wyvern Heir as they're untameable, and these specific ones should not be able to spawn eggs.
The visual difference in the Crystal Wyvern Heir and Alpha Crystal Wyvern Heir is pretty obvious too as they not only glow but have crystals growing from their body AND a wyvern skull. Meaning these ones would be the TRUE heir's.

With that, please. If any Dev's read this, please consider bringing up these changes so players have 2 varients of these Crystal Wyverns to tame rather than the 1 varient.

1 reply to this server topic

Ehhh. 

Honestly, they work for what they are, guards to the Queen and Eggs. I do think all Crystal Wyverns should have that badass helmet though. 

The only thing I'd change about Crystal Wyverns are their looks and abilities. Give them all one of the base Wyvern models(Tropical=Lightning, Ember=Fire, Blood=Poison) and up their abilities a bit. Tropical Wyverns should be able to swim or atleast fly in the water like the Dragon can, Ember Wyverns should get a boost when something attempts to light them on fire or they touch lava, and Blood Wyverns should get better healing from their breath and scavenging buff(Equal to Argy). As they are now, I'd rather use one of the four bigger wyverns. I'd also add the Forest Wyvern from Extinction to the Floating Islands biome with some nests, just to spice it up in there, maybe give them a breath attack that spews vines which drag creatures closer to their mouths. Maybe a Snow Crystal Wyvern could be added to make use of the Ice Wyvern model, with a snowball breath attack like the Poison Wyvern's. 

Crystal Wyverns are a cool concept, but I feel they didn't get as crazy with them as they could have, probably to keep the Tropeo in the spotlight as the map's main creature feature. 

Archived