Official server settings

Saradain

• Volunteer Moderator
31 minutes ago, Saradain said:

Official server settings

Heya. I just bought ARK, and decided to try out official servers. I found out that the gathering rates are insane and various other things that make the game incredibly easy compared to SP. I was told official servers normally use default settings?

The run special rates from time to time.  For the Summer Bash event:

While Summer Bash is active from June 25th to July 14th, there will be no special EVO event rates.

Summer Bash Rates

• 3X Breeding (mating interval, egg hatch speed, and maturation)
  • 4X Player XP
  • 4X Harvesting
  • 4X Taming

•  

That makes sense now. This is a fun game for real, seems so deep and complex (which is a good thing), yet to decide if I should settle on playing on official servers or SP. I love danger and tactical gameplay that PVP servers could offer, but as with any PVP, it is likely for beginners to not have a chance against the more experienced ones, some which are devoted to camping others. SP could offer unlimited patience for learning the ropes, but I don't know yet if there's any actual challenge or danger to keep an eye for. Dinos don't seem to attack the bases. PVE servers would seem a balanced mix, but I would think the servers are filled with bases or otherwise killing the mysteries of the game!

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/4/2020 at 3:16 PM, Jerryn said:

The run special rates from time to time.  For the Summer Bash event:

•  

Are the non-event rates all x1? I was told since the game's release, the default for official servers was raised to 2x-3x. Since I'm new and still getting used to the game, I'd like to set my single player games to the same settings as official to help give me a "real feel" for the game.

Thanks!

Archived