ps4 Add Eco's mods and/or Castles and Keeps mod into main game

Rumackay

Suggestion

Add Eco's mods and/or Castles and Keeps mod into main game

Mostly referring to PS4 since we can't have mods but can't see why it can't be implemented into the game proper to make it easier since I'd imagine many would already be using these mods anyway.

I always read each bug fix list through my "glass half full" glasses and feel happy that there has been some progress made towards fixing the numerous issues in the game. But then I see no mention of anything prim+ related. The main reason players (particularly PS4) use it is for role-playing servers but each time there is an update or an event the issues with prim+ get worse and worse. Seeing as it's obvious you have no intentions of keeping it long term how about getting rid of it altogether and instead adding eco's mods and/or castles and keeps mod into the main game. They are sponsored mods in one form or another so how about being proactive for once and throwing your long suffering PS4 role-players a bone. Not holding my breath but one can hope...

2 replies to this server topic

Personally I am a huge fan of the Primitive Plus Game Mode. It is only of my favorite plays to way play. And you are right, not a lot has been done. For the mode or for the game for the primitive aspect of it. 

Only I wouldn't go directly to adding a different set of items to the game, I would instead make a few different changes;

• Add Primitive Plus items to the Main Game. 
    • As a Game Mode, Primitive Plus is broken and seemingly forgotten. It misses events, often breaks when the main game gets an update, hasn't been added to maps since Extinction so items on that map and Genesis do not function with the mode, and hasn't had an item upgrade for as long as I can remember. Adding it to the main game with stipulations would ensure that it will receive with the main game, the events, the maps, and may actually get fixed if something breaks since it will be a part of the main game. 
  • Add a Checkbox option to remove Tek Items from the Main Game.
    • This would allow players to play without the tek items and keep a primitive game setting if they wish
  • Add a Checkbox option to remove Modern Industrial Items from the Main Game.
    • This would allow players to play without the modern weaponry, metal builds, and some of the more modern industrial items that come with the Main Game to even further focus on the primitive aspects of the game
  • Add remaining Structures Plus items and functionality to the game
    • Not including auto harvesters and such; merely the building items methods that were missed with the addition of the Homestead Update
  • Add Castle, Keeps, and Forts: Remastered to the Main Game
    • Scorched Earth. It has been since Scorched Earth that we have actually received a building set. We have since received building items, but not a full building set. It is rather sad. And quite honestly, maddening. I thought for sure that by purchasing a new season at least one would show, yet all we received were Ocean Platforms. 
    • By adding Castle, Keeps, and Forts: Remastered we were be receiving multiple building tiers and items that the game has far missed out on. 
  • Add EcoMods into the Main Game or as Purchasable Packages
    • Personally I would love to see them simply added to the main game, but that is a lot of options and not everyone may feel the same. As such I would also like to list the option to have them as Packages you could purchase. This way if you want them you could pay to get them. It would support the mod author, the game, and would keep engram's list a bit cleaner to those who would prefer they be so. 
    • How would they work? Simple. They would attach to the user in the same way that and HLNA would. They couldn't be said to "Auto Unlock" on officials that way and would be unique to the individual who purchased them. 

The likelihood of any of this happening is slight. And some may argue against some of it, and that is totally cool, everyone is welcome to their own opinion. This is merely mine. 

Archived