Suggestion

Neanderthals

I think an interesting addition to the game could be Neanderthals...

They would be like very primitive tribes that use a reskinned tent as Yurts or Huts being the dwellings they live in and stay around...

Using stone tools and primitive spears as weapons. Maybe bow and arrows or slingshots.

An actual historical sling would be an amazing add to the game and for the Neanderthals in particular... Like a slingshot that shoots stones much further...

Maybe they could even be nomadic with a parasaur, or trike, or something similar as their caravan mount for their gear and resources, etc. Probably a Morellatops in the deserts...

They could try and raid your bases. Breaking doors and stealing your resources and items... Maybe using your own gun on you to try and escape? (I just see Koba from Planet of the Apes with that assault rifle when I think of this...)

Maybe some could be friendly offering to trade you for a certain item and if you have it and trade they could always be friendly from then on..  maybe even giving you food and water the next time you see them or protecting you from other Neanderthals or dinos that want to harm you if they happen to be in the vicinity... but NOT allowing them to be tamed or anything like that...

but who knows maybe you become such good friends they wish to stay with you idk...

It would be an interesting mechanic to play with especially on PVE and single player...

The reasoning behind them could be they were the first attempt at recreating humanity and never panned out, or were made to test mankind in the early days of the ARKs before there were enough survivors to test each other...

I just think it would add a great dynamic to the game if done in a more "Dino" than "Human" way...

More a part of the map and the wildlife rather than a tribe you are competing with on it, only competing once in awhile like the base raiding suggestion and when you bump directly into them around the map...

Just a thought that could definitely be expanded on but still an interesting one...

Thank you for your time.

2 replies to this server topic

That would be interesting for a future map, although I would imagine them a bit differently. 

1. Having three times the stats. It makes sense since they are much bulkier.

2. Doing lots of knockback to enemies, with strong punches.

3. Using primitive melee weapons. I don't like the idea of giving them bows/slingshots, since one big difference between early humans and them was their lack of long range weapons. 

4. Being able to "tame" them. If you approach them carrying a weapon that does more damage than theirs, they will not attack. They will ask for specific foods. If you linger near them without feeding, they become aggressive anyway.

5. When tamed they can ride dinos, wear armor, and drink player brews. Although, I can't picture a benfit of having a neanderthal ridden dino instead of an unridden one. 

6. They are more stubborn than actual tames. They cannot be bred, fight back to the death if they have low health (even if their master inflicted the damage) regardless of if they were on passsive or passive flee, and if left alone for to long they become wild again, plus they cannot be retamed. They need to go on walks, fight, and/or occasionally eat recipes to stay content. This would make it hard for a mega-tribe to gather a ridiculously large army.

7. They can use all weapons once tamed, even modern ones. You can control if they attack until dead or attack until unconscious. Can be risky to trust them to KO a valuable creature (see point 6).

That's all.

I just don't like the idea of taming them at all...

I hear what you are saying and it would be cool to have those options but I can see it being used in the wrong ways.

I like the idea of maybe having ONE befriend each survivor but no more than that...

Making armies of them shooting survivors would be to hard to stop from happening with all those options even if they are good ideas.

Simpler is better for this in my opinion.

Just my preference.

Archived