Lore-wise, why do corrupted creatures attack element veins?

Fresiki

Lore-wise, why do corrupted creatures attack element veins?

I'm not super schooled in Ark lore, but from my understanding, corrupted creatures have been corrupted by element, and have developed a kind of hive mind. Why do they then attack element veins when they occur? I also understand there are element veins that occur during the King Titan fight that you have to protect. What's the lore significance of that? Aren't element-corrupted creatures and element on the same team?

Okay, that's new info, I don't know a lot about the fight, just heard or assumed that.

But okay, I still got a point right? The King Titan is one of the pillars of whatever yaddediya, meaning he controls the corruption. The corruption happened because of Element. So why do corrupted creatures attack element veins? It makes no sense right? I mean, I'm not trying to say anything about the story or whatever, I love Ark, I like the universe, but this is a slip where integrity within the story had to give way for gameplay reasons right? If we think about it, they shouldn't have been attacking the veins, the veins, they're on the same team!

• 2 months later...

Archived