Possible Bug? Got the new update Xbox (PC)

Aragornthe9

Possible Bug? Got the new update Xbox (PC)

To clarify I play on PC but use the windows store version so I can play cross platform.

I got on and got a 15GB update for the game. Once I downloaded it I got to the menu and was greeted with a 5 year anniversary backdrop and a thing saying crystal isles is now available.

So I try to load into my groups unofficial pc session and its not there and no other server seems to be there either. Anyone had the same issue? any advice to maybe revert back to the old version. 

• Volunteer Moderator
8 minutes ago, Kikyo said:

well its been almost 16 hours since the mistake was made, and clearly wildcard does not care to fix it in a timely manner. us pc crossplay users always get the short end.

The slowness in rectifying the problem is likely due to the fact that because it is a client-side patch that is needed then it needs to go through Microsoft QA/Cert process. If it was server-side only then the fix would be much quicker.

Don't assume WC don't care because you cannot be any further from the truth.

actually, plenty of other games who use the same style update method, have never taken as long as wildcard to get a fix put in place and rectified. hold developers accountable for fixing the thing they shouldn't have let get broken in the first place. it is a HUGE erroneous problem to allow an update that they say WOULDN'T happen release, and then to allow that same update to effectively ruin those same users experience or enjoyment for an egregious period of time. we all spent hard earned money on this product, and just want to play. now if you want to go worship them like they are at no fault here, go for it buddy. i on the other hand plan to hold them accountable or will move along to another game that i feel the developers will uphold better.  

Edit: Also id like to point out, this fix could and very well will be as simple as reverting to the previous patch, just does not seem to be very high on their list of priorities at this moment. Typical.

Archived