Good places to set up bases?

ARKPOTATO

Good places to set up bases?

I am playing on the island. I am mid level (40-60 I couldn't remember right now) I have a lot of metal. I want to set up a base in a more rich area. But is there a place that is safe? ( do not say the herbivore island because I already have a base there for metal. And not the Cragg's Island because in the wiki it was saying it is very safe but I went there by pteradon and the things I saw was: A spino, 5 baryonx, a lot of megaladons, another spino, a lot of carnos, and a alpha carno. so It is not a safe place according to me.)

If you have plenty of iron and access to plenty of metal ore then you can build your base anywhere.  I have a base in a dangerous area which has metal walls  in front of which is a line of metal spikes.  I also have turrets along my walls.  Any wild dino that comes too close is shot dead.  If they do manage to get past the gun then they hit the spiked wall, it hurts them, they attack it and eventually die. As a last line of defence I have a bunch of Rexs and Raptors all on neutral.

You're level 60-ish, therefore you should be able to handle yourself by now,  Sometimes in this game you need to be bold and not be scared of everything that moves.  Be bold.  Build a strongly defended base in a so-called "dangerous" area, and you can have access to lots of nice materials. ?

1 minute ago, ARKPOTATO said:

Thanks, I just cleaned the around the grand hills, a location that is very close to the central cave I think that I would build base to that place I opened the auto turret engram and for now there is 2 turret towers that is defending that area and spike walls.

Awesome!  I know it sounds crazy to build in dangerous areas, but the rewards can certainly be worth the effort.

22 minutes ago, ARKPOTATO said:

I have a crazy idea, I would build INSIDE THE CAVE. Can it be? I have enough equipment to clean the cave but if I build my base there I would gain a lot of xp every minute.

You can on some servers, such as some private servers, if the server owner allows it.  I am not sure if you can build in caves on official servers.

Just now, ARKPOTATO said:

I can build in my server, I just built a little metal fortress there. And I have built a safe road to the artifact room. It is very large there is a lot of building space.

Cool. Just be careful that you are not blocking another player from acessing the cave or the artifact room, as that may cause you to get into trouble. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I tried official again and went to herb island....it was taken by two tribes.  I found most metal spawns built over and ruined, but on a couple of nodes I could place pillar and some storage.  Then I found a 4x4 place by the ocean....I could built out 4x20.  Thought I was fortunate to find this on an official, and I build a small base.

Then the two mega tribes return, and go ballistic and bullying to get out of their base.....  It is their island they decree....I can gather but I have one day to leave.  They had half herb surrounded by gates.  

So yes, it is PVE, I can stay...So ADVICE?....stay, or go somewhere else?  Thanks in advance.....Thoughts?

Archived