Help importing pictures to use on billboards etc?

Fresiki

Help importing pictures to use on billboards etc?

I googled "import painting into Ark" and found this guide:

http://www.ark-survival.net/en/2015/09/14/tutorial-add-your-own-images-to-a-sign-billboard-or-banner/

That was also all I could find. It doesn't work. I created the folder with the exact name in the exact path specified, then used the online tool to create .pnt files, and placed them in the folder. I then restarted ark and went up to a painting canvas, used my brush, clicked "Load paints from this type" and am getting nothing in the list. I am on Windows 10. So this no longer works? Or the procedure changed? Any help would be appreciated.

I figured out the "issue." It doesn't say anywhere in the guide, but apparently you have to use the file name that the online tool suggests for the image when you save it. If you change the file name to say "painting 1.pnt", "painting 2.pnt" etc., they do not show up in the in-game menu. I take that as meaning you can only paint a single picture at a time, so if you have several pictures you want to import, you have to overwrite the file and paint them one at a time.

It also seems like it costs a crazy amount of dye to actually paint images onto signs/etc. in game, so I won't be doing it afterall.

I'll show myself to the door...

No, you can have as many images as you'd like for each. I currently have 173 paints in my folder, lol
The beginning of the filename can be anything you want, then put an underscore and then the correct object label.
So it would be something like this for a billboard -

Mypaintname_Sign_Large_Metal_C.pnt

and if you need to have a sorting system, the filenames accept a dash, so you can do things like this -

Mypaintname-Tribelogo-Redversion_Sign_Large_Metal_C.pnt

The easiest way I found is to handpaint something real quick and save the paint from in game to get the filename. And the easiest converter progam I've used is this one.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=518906272

Archived