Exploiting Deep Sea Loot Crates by building Foundations in all but 2 spawn spots

MyNameIs

2 minutes ago, courtx said:

This was carno island. On my sprees of looting I have found them spawn in the same fashion on flat areas. Crate inaccessible. Now I'm going to look even more sausageish by blocking other people getting them, I've had to keep circling the entire island and I'm moving foundation to the side so at least I know where it should spawn near.

Do you have pic of how you stop them spawning? Are you on official, I wonder if there is some setting the devs put in to like a radius number for crates spawning near foundation.

I'm on a Xbox player dedicated. I'm at work right now, but I'll see if I can upload a picture of the same location you posted tonight or tomorrow morning.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GAjvVAl.png

This is how I blocked the one you pictured.  I play on a player dedicated server on Xbox, I really don't know what the difference would be.  Not sure how else I can help, but if you have any more questions as to how I blocked mine, I'll be happy to try to answer.

23 hours ago, courtx said:

This was carno island. On my sprees of looting I have found them spawn in the same fashion on flat areas. Crate inaccessible. Now I'm going to look even more sausageish by blocking other people getting them, I've had to keep circling the entire island and I'm moving foundation to the side so at least I know where it should spawn near.

Do you have pic of how you stop them spawning? Are you on official, I wonder if there is some setting the devs put in to like a radius number for crates spawning near foundation.

28 minutes ago, downslayer said:

This is interesting. Does this affect the spawn rate in only those two spots? Like will they respawn more often in those 2 spots compared to not having anything there?

I've blocked all of them but two locations, every 45-50 minutes I can run out and grab both deep sea drops.  Some on this thread have had issues with them not blocking, but I haven't run into that.  Since there can be two deep sea drops on the map, by blocking all but two locations, the drops go to those two spots every time.  This probably wouldn't go over too well on most servers, but I play on an ARK with just one friend and we have the whole place to ourselves.

1 minute ago, swurvy said:

I've blocked all of them but two locations, every 45-50 minutes I can run out and grab both deep sea drops.  Some on this thread have had issues with them not blocking, but I haven't run into that.  Since there can be two deep sea drops on the map, by blocking all but two locations, the drops go to those two spots every time.  This probably wouldn't go over too well on most servers, but I play on an ARK with just one friend and we have the whole place to ourselves.

I might have to do this on my server. How many total drop locations are there?

1 minute ago, downslayer said:

I might have to do this on my server. How many total drop locations are there?

There are 16 in total.  Two of them spawn above underwater cave structures that won't let you place foundations on them.  Earlier in this thread someone pointed out that you can foundation them off from inside the cave, but I haven't tried that.

Here is a link to the Wiki page.

11 minutes ago, swurvy said:

Thanks for this! I will definitely be checking them out soon.

17 minutes ago, swurvy said:

Anytime.  I actually just find it amusing that a thread calling out to the devs to stop this from happening has turned into a How-to thread.xD

That is kind of amusing. I would expect that they might stop structures from interfering with the spawning of these drops similarly to how they do not allow structures to interfere with cave artifact drops.

I've actually farmed the carno cave a bout 300 times by now and tried to trick the respawns. I found that placing structures so that a drop will not spawn does only affect respawns. So if you're playing on a server with restarts, then there should be a new loot crate spawned after that. WHen lotting, none does spawn again until the next restart.

14 hours ago, Mou said:

I've actually farmed the carno cave a bout 300 times by now and tried to trick the respawns. I found that placing structures so that a drop will not spawn does only affect respawns. So if you're playing on a server with restarts, then there should be a new loot crate spawned after that. WHen lotting, none does spawn again until the next restart.

That hasn't been the case for me at all.  If neither myself or my friend (the only two on the server) haven't picked up a drop for a bit, 45 minutes to an hour, there will definitely be one there.  I have two locations not blocked with foundations, 10.5, 40.2 and 8.2, 91.2.  If I pick up both of those drops, in 45 minutes they will both be back, has worked every time.  As far as server resets go, again, this hasn't been an issue.  If the drop isn't at my first location, it will be at the second, and the first will have spawned in by the time I can swim back to it.  Server resets or just random looting, they have both always been there.

10 hours ago, Martyn said:

I take it someone could build a little house around each spawn location and block everyone? The drop would spawn inside the little house? Or not? Does it only work to piller the location it spawns at and put a ceiling on it or does a foundation nearby block it as well?

I suppose that yes, you could enclose them.  They don't actually drop into location, they just materialize in, so they wouldn't get hung up on the structure.

The one in the picture I posted is the only one I used a pillar/ceiling combination.  It was quite steep, I couldn't get a foundation to place.  All others just have a standard foundation.

• 4 weeks later...

I've heard mixed response to this question and it seems like a coupe people on this thread know much about this. Does this work for a dedicated PVE server that's not official? Some friends and I play on our private Xbox server and I was hoping to do this, but some say that for some reason, drops will still spawn on PVE servers even when obstructed. Is this accurate? Thanks 

• 6 months later...

Archived