Bronto vs. Giga

IDNeon

11 hours ago, IDNeon said:

I don't know if they can be used remotely on dinos, need an answer :)  You just craft your medical stuff before the battle...then you are equipped.

only thing i've found that heals dinos is force-feeding them their food (herb's berries and carn's meat) while not very effective for healing herbivores a freshly meat filled rex can heal somewhat quickly

On 4/13/2016 at 1:05 PM, Grimlock98 said:

dont discredit hp's... my level 100 giga has 31k hp's, outlasting something is sometimes a better way to win.

my money is on the giga

EDIT: after reading Ness has a bronto with 50k hps... that would be a tough fight, i didnt know brontos could get up that high LOL

Giga's are honestly overrated, and the only stat that really varies is melee. 

On 4/13/2016 at 10:41 AM, Abstain said:

You'll need about 20 plant x from any side to actually keep a giga away. That's not very realistic for a platform with a 44 structure limit, so I'd suggest an extra bronto (if you're already wiling to bring one to a battle), or a couple quetzals with turrets as well. 

Also keep in mind a level 120 giga could be worse than a level 60, as melee damage is the only stat that's worthwhile on a giga. 

it does not take 20 plant turrets to push back a giga. that is a massive exaggeration.

On 13/04/2016 at 7:56 PM, IDNeon said:

Already agree, but want to consider the bronto more as a base defense...able to move to where the battle is going on at the base...but just a heavy hitter/tank with the ability to keep back an attack and kill smaller garbage than the Giga.

But more on the topic too is in a 1 on 1, how does the bronto perform against a Giga if both are considered "typical" in their builds.  Like a Giga gets lvled in dmg...a Bronto in "HP?" (not really sure about brontos hence the question).

And being "typical" will the Giga always win?  Will they tie and not kill each other because of other factors? Will the Bronto's turrets shred the Giga?

Unless the bronto has enough knock pack from the turrets, giga will win 90% of the time. Since there's basically no return from leveling gigas (melee goes up by like 0.3 every level)  level doesn't matter. 

However, wild gigas have 75k health, tamed have 30, and if you really get a great kibble bronto you might have 25-30k, but not sure on that one since I haven't used a high HP bronto since the nerf.

If you're going for base protection, just having plants surrounding you base is definitely the best. If a giga attacked there probably wouldn't even be time to move your bronto to the right side. 

Archived