Add Loot to Bosses

Demerus

Suggestion

Add Loot to Bosses

Add loot to bosses to encourage farming them. This obviously doesnt apply to EXT or GEN related content but I'm looking for the same rewards to be implemented into the other maps and their corresponding arenas.

Currently, element is not necessary to farm from bosses anymore as there are so many methods to get element more efficiently and in much higher quantities.

Aside from one-time engram unlocks and skins/trophy heads/flags,and a negligible amount of element, there is zero reason to participate in boss fights.

My tribe's boss rex team hasn't done a boss fight since EXT launched. Reason is there is no incentive to risk 20 dinos and gear/saddles teleport glitch/lagg or other unfortunate mishaps in the arena. 

What will give us a reason to go through the trouble to farm all the tributes and artifacts necessary to summon the gamma, beta, alpha arenas? 

The answer is actual LOOT. Bosses drop no loot. Where is the reward for farming bosses multiple times if engrams and element are not needed?

I for one would love the opportunity and option to participate in a boss fight that rewards me with something extra.

Loot equal to doing Yellow, Red or Purple drops depending on the difficulty of the boss and time it takes to kill it would determine how deep in the loot pool the rewards would be pulled from or make it similar to how rewards are tied to missions.

Alpha would yield more rewards as it is the most time consuming and usually requires more organization to get people to participate in the fight. More notably such as Rockwell, Dragon, Manticore, etc. You get the gist.

We could even take this one step further and add in another tier of bosses to increase difficulty and maybe even incorporate a boss currency and shop for the rest of the maps similar to how HLNA and hexagons work.

@Cedric 

1 reply to this server topic

Honestly, adding loot to the bosses is one of the first moves I made when opening a cluster of maps. It just made sense. As you pointed out, element doesn't have to come from boss fights anymore. Between doing element veins, harvesting tek creatures, and having a few well bred element dust gacha's... you honestly can avoid ever having to do a boss fight and still use all the tek you may want. 

We coded them to act like OSD's. The lower the level the less you get, but if you do the higher levels you get more on top of the element they would normally give you. I mean it is end game, and earning the tek engrams are nice - the first time around. But what is to push you to do so again and again? There isn't even an achievement for that. 

So yeah, totally agree. Even to the extra levels of difficulty to shake things up a bit. As console player, we don't get much of that and a new boss level could shake things up a bit. 

Archived