I like the sound of that. BTW Wyvern is a genus of dragon. Dragon is just a typically generic term for giant flying reptiles. Although there are exceptions to this. The Dragon boss is a representstion of a stero-typical dragon tho. But dont worry, it is an extremely common mistake. I thought that pointing it out may help you with writing them.

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, DaEndGame said:

I like the sound of that. BTW Wyvern is a genus of dragon. Dragon is just a typically generic term for giant flying reptiles. Although there are exceptions to this. The Dragon boss is a representstion of a stero-typical dragon tho. But dont worry, it is an extremely common mistake. I thought that pointing it out may help you with writing them.

So there can only be one wyvern? Or i can still have different species of wyverns?

12 minutes ago, Kaprodonychus said:

So there can only be one wyvern? Or i can still have different species of wyverns?

Well yes there can be different sub sets. Ie the fire, lightning and poison. But I was just thinking that to make you dossiers even better you could use different species of dragon, not just wyverns.

8 minutes ago, DaEndGame said:

Well yes there can be different sub sets. Ie the fire, lightning and poison. But I was just thinking that to make you dossiers even better you could use different species of dragon, not just wyverns.

Oh I will. I have some dragons in store however the two in mind both have 6 legs and one has wings while the other one doesn't. I don't know how I should classify them. I will have just dragons later on. I have a very unique dragon in store. In fact, I believe there's a sneak peak or teaser of it in one of the future chapters. But here's a hint

all monsters come in different shapes and sizes

43 minutes ago, Kaprodonychus said:

Oh I will. I have some dragons in store however the two in mind both have 6 legs and one has wings while the other one doesn't. I don't know how I should classify them. I will have just dragons later on. I have a very unique dragon in store. In fact, I believe there's a sneak peak or teaser of it in one of the future chapters. But here's a hint

all monsters come in different shapes and sizes

There are swamp dragons, they dont have wings. There are also eastern dragons aka asian dragons.

Name: Overlapper dragon

Species: draconem multitexere

Wild: 
Not as large as the T-Rex, the Overlapper dragon is still a very fierce contender and is heavily armoured with hard scales and spikes. They are named for their amount of sharp jagged teeth that grow out of the mouths and can reach as far as before their nostrils and at the end of their chin!

Known information: 
The Overlapper dragon is very slow and heavy, and relies on catching prey with their first bite. Each tooth will latch on like fish hooks and will hold on until the dragon lets go or a pulled out of their gum. The animal will struggle and try to get away, causing the animal to bleed severely. Eventually the animal will tire or die from blood loss, giving the dragon time to use its teeth like a meat grinder and take away larges chunks of meat and flesh until nothing is left. The only way to escape their jaws is by hurting them from behind or above the head. It is very hard for the dragon to catch something while on land, in the air however is a different story. 

Domestication: 
These dragons wouldn't be the best combat mounts alone but they would be exceptional when in a large group. I can't even comprehend what it would be like to see a group of overlappers completely grinding away all of a giga's flesh and flying away, leaving only the bones and some organs. However, not many survivors have managed to tame or raise that many Overlapper Dragons yet. As of right now, they use them for meat harvesters. Their teeth can harvest 10 times as much meat as any other meat harvester! However, it takes time for the Overlapper to harvest a corpse and does not preserve meat as well as other animals. 

Tier: large
Damage: high (bleed is high)
Health: high (armor is moderate)
Stam: low
Speed: low
Weight: high 

Unqiue tame: this is a tricky process. It requires you to be its food and the dragon must be on the ground. However when it lunges at you, you must dodge and run back. Continue this process until it tired out. This gives you a few minutes to whack it on the head with something really strong or heavy. However, be warned, it can still attack (but very slowly) and will regenerate stamina after a while

Unqiue saddle: chainsaw teeth: added small teeth shaped chainsaws around its mouth. Generator or fuel gauge is next to the seat itself (refuel area) requires gasoline

2 minutes ago, DaEndGame said:

So by this I'm thinking something along the lines of a cockatrice? It is a shapeshifting "dragon" of sorts, but no one has ever seen its true form or atleast non have lived to tell the tale...

Nope. Good idea for a cockatrice dossier. But it's not it. Nowhere near lol. 

4 hours ago, DahDerpasaur said:

Dragons without wings are called drakes

The Overlapper has wings if that's what you're referring too.

also I the whole drake, Dragon and wyrm thing confuses me. Some say that they're different animals whereas others say they're different ages in a dragon. Drake being the youngest and wyrms being the ancient old dragons

3 hours ago, DaEndGame said:

Thats right, how could I forget that? I'm a dragon nut.

I'll have to do some searching for my old dragon book, I was sure that I put it on this shelf somewhere, but where...

lol.

I thought drakes were hexapodal dragons

2 hours ago, Kaprodonychus said:

also I the whole drake, Dragon and wyrm thing confuses me. Some say that they're different animals whereas others say they're different ages in a dragon. Drake being the youngest and wyrms being the ancient old dragons

ik

Drake: no wings

Wyvern: 1 pair of wings and legs

Wyrm: Serpentine(?) dragons

Dragons are the group these all fall into, kinda like this

Dinosaur | Dragons

Ceratopsians | Drakes

8 minutes ago, DahDerpasaur said:

lol.

I thought drakes were hexapodal dragons

ik

Drake: no wings

Wyvern: 1 pair of wings and legs

Wyrm: Serpentine(?) dragons

Dragons are the group these all fall into, kinda like this

Dinosaur | Dragons

Ceratopsians | Drakes

Yeah well  you can tell i did forget, because I was wrong. 

1 hour ago, Kaprodonychus said:

Like @DahDerpasaur said dragons are species type, ie dinosaur, arthropod, reptile, bird, etc.

Dragon is the type of these creatures and each type of dragon ie drake, wyrm, wyvern, drakon, etc has different characteristics that they have evolved to have to better suit them to their environment. 

I would explain further, but I'm still looking for that book. I hope I still have it...

Anyway, the information is slowly coming back to me, so it shouldnt matter if I dont find it.

Name: colagreus

Species: tanycolagreus pestignitus

Wild: being not much larger than a Jacko, a Tanycolagreus is another pest famers and small villages have to deal with. This feathered beast is always interested in eating your small farm animals at night time. Their favourite food are dodos, lystros, jerboas and any other small animals as well as eggs, much like an average fox.

Known information: 
Tanycolagreus isn't necessarily a smart dinosaur. It has terrible navigation skills and therefore hunts in the same place every time. If there hunting grounds is a farm house, then they will continuously attack that same place every night. However because of their stupidity, they fall for the same traps every time. Over time, the Colagreus pack will eventfully figure out that their plan isn't working and will relocate. However, it is certain that they will one day return and terrorise you once again. 

Domestication: 
Seen as most Colagreus packs are downright stupid and very slow learners, there's no point in taming a wild one. It's better to take an egg and raise one yourself. That way, it can learn faster and have the abilities to be an ordinary tamed dinosaur. Small tribes use these animals to weaken other tribes and starve them of resources. They do this by marking their base/village as a 'hunting ground' and letting their colagreus pack run free. This will cause them to eat most of their livestock, kill all of the small animals and children and destroy structures by running into them. What's even worse is that they will continue to attack until the owner stops them. Luckily for the victims, tamed tanycolagreus' are still dumb enough to fall for traps...

Tier: small
Health: moderate
Damage: high
Speed: moderate
Stam: moderate
Weight: low 

Unqiue tame: wyvern taming method
Unqiue saddle: not rideable
Unqiue armor: An audio controlled bomber. Tanys' will create certain calls that will make their suit drop a certain amount of bombs as well as a certain type of bomb. Tany will run, make a call, bomb will drop from its suit, tany will run away again and the bomb will explode without harming it. Explosion is like a grenade radius

4 minutes ago, Kaprodonychus said:

They're like foxes, but they act like headless chickens...

So headless foxes?

4 minutes ago, Kaprodonychus said:

If Ai was badass. It would be hilarious to see these guys run around like flipping weridos

If AI were that good, vertual reality would be just as good aka one wouldnt be able to tell the difference between reality and the game...

wait, what's this reality of which you speak.

4 minutes ago, DaEndGame said:

So headless foxes?

If AI were that good, vertual reality would be just as good aka one wouldnt be able to tell the difference between reality and the game...

wait, what's this reality of which you speak.

Yes headless foxes that take them ages to learn anything new. 

Reality? Don't you mean virtual reality? Man you need to calm down. Don't go outside anymore, it tinkers with your mind. Be a healthy boy/girl and play ark

Archived