Main Menu Bad Graphics (Update: Possibly Monitor)

GregoPeck

Edit: After seeing an issue in another game, I'm thinking the problem is with this monitor. This issue doesn't seem as apparent on my old monitor

I just got a new Dell 1440p 165hz (OC'd) Gsync monitor and decided to try some games out at the new high resolution and refresh rate with Gsync enabled. This summer, I built a new PC with a GTX 1660Ti, 16GB of RAM, an SSD, and an i7-8700. I can run the game on the "epic" preset and the game itself looks fine. I used Geforce Experience to "optimize" my settings. I turned both shadow quality settings to "low," because I've had crashes previously that were resolved by changing this setting. So, the game looks fine, but the main menu looks pretty bad. It looks pixelated, or like low quality video.  Is this the way the menu looks for others? Is there some setting I'm missing some where? Thanks for the help!

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, Larkfields said:

Geforce experience didn't choose the best settings for my PC, so I uninstalled it.

This might be a silly question, but have you set your screen resolution to the monitor's native resolution?

Yeah. It turns out that the new monitor I got suffered very bad color/gradient banding, so I returned it and am using the older monitor I have. The menu doesn't look so bad with this monitor.

Archived