Theories on how Ascension will work

Tsundere Dragon

On 10/12/2015 at 0:34 AM, iby102 said:

Oh they already said that you wont be able to have mounts or turrets with you in boss battles, that way it cant be set up like the current one with the Broodmother is.

On the Charity stream Jesse walked around the Boss Arena with a Rex and talked about how he can't wait for people to get in there with their dino army to take on the Brood Mother, coming up with different dino strat and tactics, so you will most definitely be able to bring your dinos :) 
It will probably not allow Platform saddles as you could just load up a million turrets on the back of Paracers and Brontos and then enter for an easy victory.

But any other information is pretty scarce right now. Can't wait to dive into those Boss Arenas with my dinos :D Putting them at risk is going to be tough, but it's much better than just having them standing around. We need a challenge, we need risks! :D

With each visit to the Boss Arenas, I'm personally hoping for new attack patterns and improved AI, so it won't be the same each time around :) 

6 minutes ago, theradgamerdan said:

Idk if you guys have seen this video or not, but this is the upcoming Gorilla Arena, that will most likely be part of the ascension process

You'll have to battle the gorilla in there, and there are also 2 other arenas coming, for the broodmother and the dragon.

Pretty neat. The best part it's how each boss arena is tailored to themselves and themselves only. I'm so hyped for #Ascension 

Ascension to a new map doesn't sound likely.  Having worked for a company that does ark server hosting, the amount of resources required for just the one map and all its movable parts to run is so high already and having to run a 2nd map in conjunction with that would more than likely double that amount... driving the cost of renting a server just to accommodate ascension, even higher.  

I think you're just starting over with a new life, the cube raises your level cap, the more you increase the more engrams you earn.  Possibly even stat increases to your base stats upon new life.  So there's incentive still for going through it if you wanna be the best there ever was.  Like someone said, much like prestiging in CoD.

44 minutes ago, Vilicus said:

Ascension to a new map doesn't sound likely.  Having worked for a company that does ark server hosting, the amount of resources required for just the one map and all its movable parts to run is so high already and having to run a 2nd map in conjunction with that would more than likely double that amount... driving the cost of renting a server just to accommodate ascension, even higher.  

I think you're just starting over with a new life, the cube raises your level cap, the more you increase the more engrams you earn.  Possibly even stat increases to your base stats upon new life.  So there's incentive still for going through it if you wanna be the best there ever was.  Like someone said, much like prestiging in CoD.

Yea ascending to a new map definitely doesn't seem likely, I'd assume your cube amounts affect the following:
1. Max Level (confirmed)
2. Boss Difficulty Scaling (confirmed, not sure how this works with multiplayer)
3. Experience Gain (you gain a % bonus experience, I'd assume this would be a likely feature)

1 hour ago, Vilicus said:

You wouldn't have to run all the maps off of a single server. They already have character transfer functionality in game but it is disabled. So if they enable it such that when you ascend, it transfers you to another server which that new map is run off, you would avoid that problem.

What if it was like a clicker game, where you get these "Soul Cubes" based on your current level when you ascend, and boss difficulty is decided on total player soul cubes during the fight, you know how the experience curve gets pretty ridiculous past a certain point? Well if the soul cubes allow you to get an exp multiplier that might make it so that ascending becomes efficient but you still want to go the highest level you can before ascending because of the increasing boss difficulty, and also max level would increase with incentives being extremely high tier engrams.

1 hour ago, Deadman said:

So there has to be some other kind of perk for resurrecting then. Cause like you could lose all your dinos and such as well if you lose your original character. It'd be cool if they could somehow make it to where you beat it the first time, and you come back but on a different map or "ark" so to speak.

The expense of running servers like that might be high though, and it'd split up the server population quite a bit.

6 hours ago, the_british_kiwi said:

I find it odd though that the megapiticus areana seems to be manmade, and of aisian culturefor that matter. Firstly, the broodmother areana seems to be a cave that it is presumed she dug her self (going off the spider dossier), and secondly ehy asian? What does a giant gorial have to do with asian culture?? Im at a loss

Maybe aliens researched Asian culture, or this is a giant futuristic human experimentation. Or perhaps the gorilla could somehow build that themselves and it just happens to look that way. There are a number of ways it could be explained but who knows if it will be.

1 hour ago, Cenozoic_Eagle said:

Well, and the broodmother can burrow, megapithecus has opposable thumbs, so it is likely able to build that arena by itself. Gorillas really don't have much to do with asian culture, but maybe it is a reference to the superstition of yetis in the himalayas?

I'm thinking that's the theme with the Megapithecus is that it's a lot like the yeti and thus that's why there is an Asian theme.

On 10-12-2015 at 0:19 AM, Darckray said:

The devs talked about it in the last Digest.

Also, it's a Character reset (i really hope they said the truth about ascension, if they didn't, i'll be really dissapointed, just like when they told us the dodorex was going to be tamable and in the end it wasn't)

* character ends up in a post-post apocalyptic world.

To me it rather feels like Diablo kinda style. So you will be able to do this over and over, with much better outcomes each time. Althou you sacrifice yourself, there will be no need to wipe your structures, especially on pve it would ruin the game, if someone spends hours on building and then tries ascension he loses it all.... bad idea. And it would be easily overcome by having friend, structures tribe owned, and leave tribe do ascension and get back into tribe.

4 hours ago, WG Mavo said:

To me it rather feels like Diablo kinda style. So you will be able to do this over and over, with much better outcomes each time. Althou you sacrifice yourself, there will be no need to wipe your structures, especially on pve it would ruin the game, if someone spends hours on building and then tries ascension he loses it all.... bad idea. And it would be easily overcome by having friend, structures tribe owned, and leave tribe do ascension and get back into tribe.

That's a good way to look at it but I don't think it'd make sense if you got a set amount of Soul Cubes every time you ascend, what if you had a level 10 or something player tag along for the kill? Should they get the same amount of Soul Cubes as a level 90-100?

And yea the structures thing would be difficult to pull off if they intend you to lose your structures/ect.

• 1 year later...

Archived