Breeding Question

OlRustyBones

Breeding Question

Good afternoon all. I'm hoping for a little breeding guidance.

I've been working on a line of carnos for taking into caves. I established a base unit of 1 male and 6 females that are all the same level and stats. From there i bred until i got a melee mutation on a baby female. I used that female with my base male until i had a baby male with the melee mutation. I raised him up, started using him as my breeding male and set my original male off to the side.

I recently got a health mutation on a baby female. She has 1 mutation mom's side and 1 dad's side. So now i have 6 base females,  1 female that has the health and melee mutations, 1 male with the melee mutation and my base male.

I think that at this point i should breed the two mutation female with my base male in an effort to get a new breeding male that has both the health and melee mutations while not increasing my mutation counter. Once i have this new male i will do away with the melee mutated male and mutated females and resume breeding only with my 6 og females.

What do you think? 

Thanks in advance for any suggestions. 

Thank you for confirming this for me d1nk and thanks for the positive words. I've done a lot of reading,  watched a lot of videos and messed up two breeding lines before this. This is why I'm stopping to ask before i go any further.

The first time around i got side tracked by colors and screwed it up. The second time i didn't have matching stats and did away with my o.g. parents after i was a few mutations in. I'm determined to make a go of it though.

I know carnos aren't the most popular line but i figure they raise quick enough i can cut my teeth on them without a huge time investment.   Anyway, thanks again for taking the time to read and reply. I do appreciate it!

It really start to get strange when you're trying to mega mutate them into some heavy stats. Then luck and time are your only enemies :).

If you look for long term mutations, you eventually get into breeding a male for the mutations and cycling the male only to prevent going over the 20/20 counters (stopping mutas).

Archived