Living in the Aberration Trench

JustAnotherBeachNoob

Living in the Aberration Trench

Hello, I was wondering if it is possible to live in the aberration trench on valg. Are there stable supplies of the necessary resources (trees, rocks, metal, obsidian)? Do structures take the normal cave damage multipliers? Are there good places to hide in Pvp? I was thinking that it would be fairly safe from other tribes as it would be harder to reach. There also likely wouldn’t be alpha tribes like on aberration. What are your thoughts?Thanks in advance.

On 6/26/2019 at 3:27 PM, JustAnotherBeachNoob said:

Hello, I was wondering if it is possible to live in the aberration trench on valg.

Yes you sure can, and it is where I personally go on PvP servers.

Are there stable supplies of the necessary resources (trees, rocks, metal, obsidian)?

You'll be able to find most ressources such as wood, metal, colored gems, etc. You can also acquire pearls/oil at the bottom of some lakes (careful for eels). However, there are no salt/sulfur down there and overall ressources quantities are lower compared to what you can get from the surface.

Do structures take the normal cave damage multipliers?

There are no cave damage multiplier in that section of the map, at all.

Are there good places to hide in Pvp?

Honestly, for each good spot you'll find above ground, you can find easily 2-3 down there. Plenty to be found out of reach from paracer ramps and crab throws.

I was thinking that it would be fairly safe from other tribes as it would be harder to reach.

Keep in mind that the aberration zone is a no-fly zone, so no pteras, quetz or wyverns. The deinonyhcus can indeed climb and glide, but no where as capable as a rock drake, and lacks any tanking capabilities. However, as opposed to the real Ab, grappling hooks does work down there.

What are your thoughts?Thanks in advance.

If you are very familliar with Aberration/Extinction, you'll have great success down there. As for building, my only advice would be to stay clear from the very few blue gem nodes in the green zone as they are a high traffic zone for players looking to craft hazmats.

Keep in mind that at some point, you'll have to get out of the underground for either ressources, tames (not everything spawn down there) or for some PvP.

Regards.

Archived