Ocean TLC

Clever2309

Suggestion

Ocean TLC

I’ve been a long time ark player and I think there should be a much needed ocean tlc. The megalodons are getting really stale and there’s not much variety with the aquatic dinos. I enjoy the game the most when I’m in the ocean on a mosa or a tuso, but it would be much much better with a few changes.

-The spawns. Maybe change the spawns so it’s not just megalodons literally everywhere. 

-New dinos maybe. Tylosaurus, dakosaurus, even hovasaurus and placodus would be lovely additions. Some new fish (coels, salmon) would be wonderful for the fishermen out there. A sea dragon would be awesome as well, my friends and I always talk about how awesome a water dragon would be. A fish that could break metal would also be interesting. 

-TLCs for the megalodons for sure. I feel like mosas could also use some love. 

-Maybe some new ocean engrams too. Shark cages, torpedos, stuff like that.

Thoughts?

5 replies to this server topic

In response to Lilcharliechpln

I totally agree! Even though wildcard said Extinction was the last dlc map they were going to release, free maps like ragnarok or the center should still be fair game. This would be an awesome place to introduce a water dragon too...

The only problem with this idea would be a lack of building space, but I’m sure the devs could throw in a few caves or work something out.

Anyway, upvote!!

It would be nice to have a bit more to the oceans. On the server I run, I coded in an increase to the sea to populate it a little, but it still isn't "full", nor does it have a good variety. There are only so many you can add at this point...

It may also be nice to add some fauna underwater that you can actually harvest and use. A few resources that can be harvested and used in place of other items, or as there own. But that may he just a wish list. ? 

Either way, upvoted. 

Archived