console Console Unofficial Functionality Wishlist

Soldiercide

Suggestion

Administrative Functionality
  1. Admin Listing (Nitrado is working on this, but it requires some work from WC): the ability to assign people as admins, like on PDS, rather than giving them a password
  2. Enable player list functionality outside of spectator, with one-click teleportation to active players (Ctrl+n on PC while in spectator)
  3. Admin role management: tiered role system, similar to tribe roles, where the use of specific commands can be allowed or disallowed
  4. Server statistics tracking: players/dinos killed, dinos tamed/bred, resources harvested, and so on
    1. it would be nice to table and filter this, so perhaps adding this to a separate log file would be easier
      1. server logs are purged on shutdown, so this would need to persist in order to be of any value
  5. Map overlay displaying locations of player made structures
    1. within a specific radius
    2. displayed as color-coded pins
  6. TeleportPlayerToMe/TeleportPlayerToCoords
    1. Pretty self-explanatory, but it would be nice to, at a minimum, have the ability to teleport players to admins; you know, for when they get stuck in solid objects we can't get them out of manually
    2. The second option is sort of a selfish one for me, as I'd like to have the ability to teleport griefers on my server over lava. Yes, yes I am sadistic.
  7. Admin-only structures:
    1. Many of us who run custom servers build community structures, and those structures need to be accessible by our admin teams. In order to do this, since many if not most of us do not have all of our admins in the same tribe, we are required to force join the tribes owning these structures. This creates issues which have led to randomly spawning in to being forced into a tribe we never touched, owning a tribe we never touched, the inability to rejoin our own tribes, and so on. A simple solution is to be able to designate specific structures as being 'owned' by the server admins.

Cluster Functionality
  1. Toggle option for permitting the transfer of Element and Tribute items (there is no real point in having these transfers disabled on PvE clusters or custom servers)

3 replies to this server topic

37 minutes ago, SapphireSam7 said:

As a Nitrado user, I agree with all of the above. I run the code for a cluster server, and some admin duties, but there are others who do as well, and being able to do some of the things you listed above would really make things easier. More so since we both admin and play actively on the server in separate tribes. 

And as a note to the cluster functionality for customization, I think there is another suggestion that has a quite few options that may do well to add to that list. I like the one you have, but that list has a few you may want to take glance at if you haven't already. 

Which suggestion is it?  Maybe we can get the two merged into one.

As a Nitrado user, I agree with all of the above. I run the code for a cluster server, and some admin duties, but there are others who do as well, and being able to do some of the things you listed above would really make things easier. More so since we both admin and play actively on the server in separate tribes. 

And as a note to the cluster functionality for customization, I think there is another suggestion that has a quite few options that may do well to add to that list. I like the one you have, but that list has a few you may want to take glance at if you haven't already. 

Archived