Whats the new dino progression?

Logan96

So I recently came back to ark after taking a long break. Feels great to be back and ive just recently gotten myself established on a server, but im a bit lost on how to climb the kibble tree now. Before the rework I would usually start with dodos-then kibble tame a pt and use that to get an argent, then use the argentavis to get my basic resource/meat gatherer dinos.

Im looking to follow this same chain as its always worked out for me, but the kibble tree for getting a pt suggests that  the process of getting a decent flyer will be a lot slower now. Any suggestions from people who had to reclimb the kibble tree after the rework? Thanks!

I've decided to simply skip the first two tiers. No need for a max level dodo and 2nd tier is useless as well unless you really want raptors. 

I jump straight to Argy and snag an anky and doed then begin the hunt for argy/anky mates for eggs. I suppose a ptera pair would work but feels like a waste of time trying to delay argy/doed/anky enough to use kibble from ptera.

Carno sarco are next steps or you can jump a tier up if feeling ballsy.

6 minutes ago, Oldster said:

Whoops i messed up. Argy is a tier above the doed/anky/carno/sarco. Spose you could get 3-5 female argys to get top tier doed/anky then use for better argys/direwuffs/bears/mammoth etc.

Yeah, so in a way I suppose its nice to have a stockpile of usefull tames rather than just egg dinos. just figured ill stock some narcotics and walk my first doed/anky back to base. Its going to be a process though as ill have to walk them through the swamp. Dreading the journey lmao.

Ill probably just meat tame a low level pt and wear some primitive flack to tame my first argy and as you say grow the levels from there.

Yes, you can grab yourself a trike to help you in early game then use it's eggs to tame the anky/doeds then go meat tame your first argy.

Once you started breeding/taming rexes, you can tame almost everything in the island.

If you want to move up one higher, tame some yutys or steal wyvern/rock drake eggs if you got access to them.

2 minutes ago, Striczkof said:

Yes, you can grab yourself a trike to help you in early game then use it's eggs to tame the anky/doeds then go meat tame your first argy.

Once you started breeding/taming rexes, you can tame almost everything in the island.

If you want to move up one higher, tame some yutys or steal wyvern/rock drake eggs if you got access to them.

I was actually curious about that.  So in theory the higher tier kibble can be used instead of the lower tier kibble right?

1 minute ago, Logan96 said:

I was actually curious about that.  So in theory the higher tier kibble can be used instead of the lower tier kibble right?

Yes.

Although that would be waste if you try to tame a parasaur with extraordinary but yes, you can do that and it will have same effectiveness as it's preferred kibble(not higher like some people think).

Archived