game wipe?

WG Mavo

I think it would be a good idea to do at the least a full structure wipe at release, just give a bit of warning so everyone can demo their homes and put the resources on dinos, even a full wipe would be better than no wipe IMO there are far to many structures owned by people who do not play anymore that still get refreshed when they log in once a week and take a spin around the map on a flyer.

I understand those that fear a wipe, I have an indy cooker on an altar in the center of my egg barn surrounded by refrigerators full of eggs, jerky, kibble etc, and a lot of perfect kibble tamed 100+ dinos, but the fact is new players have it incredibly rough trying to set up a base when they cannot even get  in touch with the people who have the area they want to build in pillared.

On PVP servers it would at least let people THINK thy have a shot at competing with the alpha tribes, sure 90% or better of the alpha tribes will re-build, re- tame and be alphas again but it would be nice for the tribes who are not alpha tribes to have a shot at becoming alpha tribes.

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am so curious how the devs think that release is going to work.  With the way things are now, not many can even begin on most of the pve servers because of the pillaring that is being done and that will only get worse, unless they change things drastically. The way that things are set up now, only a few will own ALL of the land on each island.

I used to play Archeage and finally did throw in the towel when the developers there did not change the way people were taking over all the land. Poor Archeage!  It could have been my favorite games of all time.:(

I have faith that the devs are going to do something drastic and I hope it is very soon.

2 hours ago, Piekilla said:

I just want my character and stats and maybe let us keep 1 or 2 dinos so 6 months of playing isnt wasted

Honestly, it really doesn't make sense to let people keep anything when the game goes to full release. MMOs never let progressions carry over, because it creates an unfair advantage where there really shouldn't be one.

2 hours ago, Ktulusanders said:

Honestly, it really doesn't make sense to let people keep anything when the game goes to full release. MMOs never let progressions carry over, because it creates an unfair advantage where there really shouldn't be one.

Then whats the point of paying to play a glitchy game early before release? only benefit would be is to see how game mechanics work and that can be seen as an unfair advantage. I didnt pay just to have all progress wiped because others didnt want to pay till game released. I would love an official answer to this so i know to keep playing or just to wait.

I am not sure he understood what he was asking. He did not put no wipe when it is officially release. I want him to answer back and say it. 

I think there should be a full wipe for the official release of game. When they talk there will be no wipe it was while we are testing the game. So it is why until he says it more clearly I expect a full wipe before the official release of the game. 

All other games did the full wipe before releasing their game officially so I don't know why this game would be different.

Lol you are paying to test it early. That's advantage enough. 

Yes it's buggy yes there are issues but that's what we are here for, to find the issues so they are fixed for final release. I've played so much already I've got 10 games worth of value... And it's not even "released" yet lol

And I understand where u are coming from trust me I didn't want to lose everything either but since then I've started many many times over and if they want to be successful at launch- a full wipe is needed. 

Alpha tribes will be able to get back where they were pretty quick- but fresh people will not be able to do poop on an already populated server...

maybe if a bunch of new servers were implemented for freshies it might be ok but I'd say it's easier for just a full wipe IMO

ps. You didn't pay full price as anyone who wishes to wait till release will have to :) 

They will HAVE to wipe official servers come release. Other wise you will have to either open new servers for new players to not get destroyed by alpha tribes with 12 months head start, or be happy that floods of new players leave when they log in to a world that 30% covered in buildings, occupied by hostile forces.

5 minutes ago, RjMcReady said:

They will HAVE to wipe official servers come release. Other wise you will have to either open new servers for new players to not get destroyed by alpha tribes with 12 months head start, or be happy that floods of new players leave when they log in to a world that 30% covered in buildings, occupied by hostile forces.

Agreed

no if and or butts about it WIPE is a MUST on official launch or this game will fail commercially , only the hardcore fan base will stay if no wipe happens

13 hours ago, Piekilla said:

Then whats the point of paying to play a glitchy game early before release? only benefit would be is to see how game mechanics work and that can be seen as an unfair advantage. I didnt pay just to have all progress wiped because others didnt want to pay till game released. I would love an official answer to this so i know to keep playing or just to wait.

It's to give them money so the can make the final release the best it can be with all kinds of content. Do you know how much a turn off this game will be fore newer players who are constantly getting destroyed by already level 70-90 players.

I would agree that a wipe would be pretty needed on release. Even now a big thing holding me back from multiplayer is that there would be so many already established tribes and people. At the same time the thought of a wipe makes it so i will likely just stick to single player. I put a lot effort into building what i build and to lose it without a fighting chance.... So I guess a wipe makes the most sense so I will just stick to single player where i can turn everything up and shorten the night. I have very high hopes for split screen. Even with a tether it would be nice to oill build and tame stuff in the same game as my wife rather than just taking turns playing single player.

1 hour ago, Rasmodi said:

just think about it again its not the char level from the lowis i mean xD wehn you are smart you will get it .

back to topic i mean the 60+ ones that is why we need a wipe anyway

I literally have no idea what you are talking about. With your horrible grammar and attempted condescending tone, it is nothing but complete dribble.

Good luck in your future rants. 

11 hours ago, NexVentor said:

I literally have no idea what you are talking about. With your horrible grammar and attempted condescending tone, it is nothing but complete dribble.

Good luck in your future rants. 

maybe you should ignore it instead off pushing me down. maybe this is the only way i can speak english, ok ! i gues it doesnt matter for you, you just dont like waht i say and that is the reason you flame me. it makes you so much better too flame some one who cant spell english very well nice congratulations sir you are the best person in the world flaming some one cause he cant speak english good is racist for me .

9 hours ago, Rasmodi said:

maybe you should ignore it instead off pushing me down. maybe this is the only way i can speak english, ok ! i gues it doesnt matter for you, you just dont like waht i say and that is the reason you flame me. it makes you so much better too flame some one who cant spell english very well nice congratulations sir you are the best person in the world flaming some one cause he cant speak english good is racist for me .

You are unbelievable. You have already had people talk to you about this- a simple mention that ur German and English is not ur language and people will be more considerate. 

At the moment though, your posts are incoherent rants. All I'm saying is mention that fact- don't rip into anyone who points out you sound drunk -_-

On Saturday, December 26, 2015 at 11:11 PM, Jen said:

There are no wipes planned at this time.

Is there anyway you guess can add a seperate pin code to chests and storage ? One that can only be accessed by me and who ever i give the code to somone in my tribe keeps stealing from us dont know who but somone, they stole a full set of flak armor and my ranshakle crossbow, i still want them to be able to acesse the other storage tho just just not mine 

Archived