Shadow rendering distance bug?

Xenithar

Has anybody else had an issue where shadows suddenly stop rendering far out and only render up close? I mean settings are not changed or anything, the shadows simply stop rendering far away and then they only render REAL close to the player. I already filed a bug report after weeks of this annoying me. Going into settings and resetting them does nothing. I leave shadows and textures on high, and everything else maxed. I notice zero difference between high and epic for shadows or textures on my 2K monitor (Dell S2417DG), though I DO see a difference between the two settings on 4K monitors. However, I do not have a 4K gaming monitor.

Anyway, the only fix I found for this is to completely exit Ark, and then restart Ark. I have 32GB Corsair DDR4-3200, i7-6950X, dual GTX 1070's in SLI with a high-bandwidth SLI bridge, Creative AE-5, RAID0 for the games and a separate disk for OS and pagefile. Game runs great, but the shadows simply randomly stop rendering far out. Below are screenshots of the issue.

Note the shadow rendering being very close to my character in this one. The shadows stop rendering just beyond my argents head, and everything beyond is now no longer shadowed.

Shadow range when bugged out

This is me in the same spot, after taking the first screenshot, showing my settings.

My settings at the time of the shadows acting up

• 2 months later...

Archived