brief introduction to trading

stinginroger

im pretty new to ark (only been playing a few weeks) but was wondering if someone could explain very quickly how trading works in ark. obviously im aware there is no formal structure employed by the game itself, so i was wondering if anyone is able to help me out with some rough guidelines on trading. A high level player our tribe met said that some people trade using c4 as a currency. is this the case in general or is there a more commonly used item that people trade with and if so how much would i have to trade with someone for a fairly poweful dino, for example a rex. a any help on this subject would be massively appreciated. i play on an xbox official pvp server. 

also i have stumbled across the trading forum for xbox but as this is my first post i dont have enough posts or whatever it goes by yet so hopefully this will go towards that aswell

In trading, it really depends on which kind of server you're on. If you're on PvP, then you need to watch your back. several times when I was a noob, I'd make a stupid trade and then regret it later. Other times, the trader will come back to raid you to get the stuff back, and make a profit. (This is mainly if you're in a small tribe). Always make sure you keep valuable trading items, like saddle bp's you wont use, or spare weapons, in a hidden vault. This way, if you're raided, you stull have the hidden vault of stuff to trade, so you can get yourself onto your feet again.

PvE, its best if you are a legacy trader. Often, you will be scammed. But mainly its all good. Just make sure not to overdo it, ask for too much, else you will have an enemy, and if you are on a cluster with both pve and pvp servers, then if you join the pvp server in the cluster, the guy you tried to scam will often come and find you.

There is no real set currency for trading. A lot of the time I find that Metal Ingots are the most common, (as just basic currency) but mainly, it'll be random bits and bobs. For instance, a trade I made yesterday was a Mastercraft Rock Golem saddle bp for two velono eggs and 6 heavy turrets. This is because that certain bp Is valuable. The higher level the item, the more you often fetch for it.

This is my advice for trading. I hope you find it useful. 

Archived