tool [Tool] ARK Smart Breeding: Extract Breeding Stats, Dino-library, pedigree

cad

• 1 month later...
On 1/2/2024 at 1:48 PM, Graviphoton said:

I suppose author knows Ark Save Visualiser, which is capable of reading from ASA savegame files including tamed dinos stats and is distributed with source code... but if not there it is.

https://github.com/miragedmuk/ASV

Hi, yes I know that tool and I'm looking forward to implement the save reader they use if possible. Currently rather busy with other projects, but it's on the todo list.

21 hours ago, PhantomWSJ said:

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask or isn't relevant but is there any way to setup ark smart breeder for the server you are playing on without the INI files or URL if the admin does not want to release these?

Hi, it's possible to reverse calculate the multipliers with some info. We have a channel on our discord server for that, see there for the info we need (discord server: https://discord.com/invite/qCYYbQK , channel `server-settings`).

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
18 hours ago, Rebecca28 said:

Is asa breeding different to ase? I get mutations on dinos with 20+ muts on maternal line now? 

Breeding is different in ASA compared to ASE, but the mutation counter limit is the same. If one parent has a mutation counter of 20 or more, it won't give any mutations to the offspring. As long as at least one parent has a mutation counter of less than 20, the offspring can have mutations (with both parents below 20 it's double the probability compared if only one parent has a counter of less than 20).

The difference is the actual mutation levels. In ASE mutation levels were just added to the wild levels of a stat. In ASA they're counted separately, which also has an affect of how the mutation levels are passed on to the offspring. Always the higher wild and the higher mutation level are passed together, regardless if they're on the same parent or one on the mother and the other on the father. For more info about mutation stacking in ASA see e.g.