Wild cave creature despawns

MackTheKnife

So I decided to make a cave base in SE. Specifically Grave of the Tyrants or something like that.

I know a lot of people like to make cave bases, so how do I do it? Do the creatures not disappear once you kill them? I thought they all didn’t respawn until after you take the artifact. Came back an hour later and had to clear it again.

Should I make a bunch of pillared ceilings around the whole cave? Will the resources despawn? I saw a ton of crystal and obsidian. What’s the radius like, as in how often should I place structures? 

1 hour ago, Nuggie said:

Generally speaking if you have enough foundations to block the creatures from spawning you have more than enough to block the resources.

I like to keep as many creatures as possible from bei lng blocked so I have easy access to Meat should I come under siege from hostile streamers.

I hope that helps a little.

Uh, please don’t ban me if I’m not supposed to say this, mods..just remove the comment..

but I am on ORP and use a 2nd account behemoth gate, it’s invincible but I give them access for artifacts..it’s a small community cluster plus I’m friends with the alpha. We’ll siege the siegers :D

Also, I don’t want to block resources. I want to keep them. Just eliminate the animals. I am currently using one pillar and ceiling every few dozen feet, but spiders and bars still seem to spawn RIGHT next to them. Should I use foundations?

If I put stuff next to a node of crystals for example, would they despawn after I mine them? I saw a trick where people pillar nodes so no one can troll build over them.

Archived