Tribe of Sheng

TheHarlequin77

I filed an incident report on this last evening, but I'm posting this here to draw attention to this problem.

I'm a level 92 player on Massive PVE NA, and this server is about to be taken over by a Chinese group called Tribe of Sheng. They joined the server about a month or so ago, and they have been attacking and griefing other players since day one. They have already completely run 2 high level tribes away from the server by completely destroying their bases and tames, and a third tribe is now broking apart and leaving. I'm even considering leaving now unless the devs do something about this tribe.

Sheng is systematically destroying every high level tribe on the server in their quest to dominate. Every non-Sheng tribe on the server knows it's just a matter of time before they get hit, even if they try to be friendly to them.

I have remained neutral and even friendly to Sheng, and yesterday, one of the Sheng guys spawned a giga inside my base with a revival platform, killed a bunch of our animals, stole their loot and saddles, and badly damaged our base. Fortunately, I was online when it happened and was able to kill the giga before it completely destroyed everything we have.

EDIT: I just learned that gigas cannot be revived with a platform, so this guy kited a wild giga 1/2 of the way across the island to raid me since I'm so far from the nearest giga spawn, emphasizing just how seriously these guys take destroying other tribes on the server.

I and a neighbor both got video of him looting my base, taunting me as he flew off with my stuff as they ALWAYS do.

As I said, I want to draw attention to this because it has nearly destroyed an entire community on Massive NA, and any new players who are unfortunate enough to try to play there will not get very far.

And after filing an incident report yesterday, I realized there is a serious problem in the report process that works to the advantage of tribes like Sheng - How are we supposed to report these players by name when most players on NA servers can neither read nor type Chinese? It's VERY difficult to identify the problematic people to the devs when you can't even read their names. We were fortunate enough to briefly catch this guy's name on video, but this is a serious problem that needs to be addressed.

Here's the video of me running him down while he was carrying away my stuff:

47 minutes ago, Lucidd said:

you know its impossible to revive or spawn in a fully grown wild giga or even a tamed one with a revival platform @TheHarlequin77

I did not know that, though I stand corrected after checking it.

That means this guy kited a wild giga 1/2 of the way across the island to raid me because I'm not even close to a giga spawn area, which only emphasizes how seriously these guys take destroying other tribes on the server.

3 minutes ago, Lucidd said:

use behes surround ur base

I would if it was necessary. My base has more than adequate protection from any wild spawns in my location, even alphas, and if I wanted to have to build a fortified PVP base, I'd play on a PVP server. This kind of misconduct and griefing should not be happening on a PVE server, and I really hope the devs take notice.

23 hours ago, TheHarlequin77 said:

I filed an incident report on this last evening, but I'm posting this here to draw attention to this problem.

I'm a level 92 player on Massive PVE NA, and this server is about to be taken over by a Chinese group called Tribe of Sheng. They joined the server about a month or so ago, and they have been attacking and griefing other players since day one. They have already completely run 2 high level tribes away from the server by completely destroying their bases and tames, and a third tribe is now broking apart and leaving. I'm even considering leaving now unless the devs do something about this tribe.

Sheng is systematically destroying every high level tribe on the server in their quest to dominate. Every non-Sheng tribe on the server knows it's just a matter of time before they get hit, even if they try to be friendly to them.

I have remained neutral and even friendly to Sheng, and yesterday, one of the Sheng guys spawned a giga inside my base with a revival platform, killed a bunch of our animals, stole their loot and saddles, and badly damaged our base. Fortunately, I was online when it happened and was able to kill the giga before it completely destroyed everything we have.

EDIT: I just learned that gigas cannot be revived with a platform, so this guy kited a wild giga 1/2 of the way across the island to raid me since I'm so far from the nearest giga spawn, emphasizing just how seriously these guys take destroying other tribes on the server.

I and a neighbor both got video of him looting my base, taunting me as he flew off with my stuff as they ALWAYS do.

As I said, I want to draw attention to this because it has nearly destroyed an entire community on Massive NA, and any new players who are unfortunate enough to try to play there will not get very far.

And after filing an incident report yesterday, I realized there is a serious problem in the report process that works to the advantage of tribes like Sheng - How are we supposed to report these players by name when most players on NA servers can neither read nor type Chinese? It's VERY difficult to identify the problematic people to the devs when you can't even read their names. We were fortunate enough to briefly catch this guy's name on video, but this is a serious problem that needs to be addressed.

Here's the video of me running him down while he was carrying away my stuff:

Harlequin, I'm really sorry you and the folks on your server are having to go through this. Folks who want to ruin the game for others really get my blood burning.

I haven't experienced it on the scale you have, but my tribe has had titans and gigas kited towards our old redwood base, and one of the Titans actually got in. It wasn't Asians, or Chinese, or whatever, but it was terrible all the same.

Recently I have seen more and more Asian languages in the names and chat on my server and I'm a bit nervous. In fact some Asians just started building a small, relatively primitive base very, very close to mine.

Personally, with all of the complaining I've been seeing I'm confident the devs will take actions of some sort eventually.

In the meantime, however, here are some steps that can help protect against any attacks of the nature you are describing.

First, my own creation....

TiGRS (Tiggers)

Titan-Giga Response System

• Defense of base against naturally occurring or kited Gigas and Titans.
  • 5 to 10 Auto Turrets
  • All turrets 100% full of rounds. 1200 rounds per turret.
  • Placed on a tower or high building at or near center of base. Tower may need to be built for some. Must be made of metal.
  • I am thinking of some kind of identifying mark on the tower or platform so that possible spies looking to kite will see the system, know what it is, and realize it is pointless to kite a Giga or Titan there. 
  • Run on their own, independent generator that is kept well stocked with gasoline.
  • Set on the range that will cover inside and right near edge of base (walls or not).
  • Turrets turned on.
  • Generator left off unless a Giga or Titan is attacking or getting really, really close to attacking.
  • What should happen is that with the turrets on but generator off, turning on the generator brings the turrets up and ready. Faster response time.
  • Turret rounds do approx. 77 damage.
  • Rate of fire is approx. 2 per second.
  • This means 154 damage per second, per turret.
  • 154 x 5 turrets = 770 damage per second.
  • Giga's have about 80k health. 
  • At 770 damage per second, 5 turrets should take a Giga down in about 2 minutes. Maybe less.
  • Titans have about 240k health.
  • At 770 damage per second, 5 turrets should take a Titan down in a little over 5 minutes.
  • Additional turrets would only decrease the time it takes to kill the Giga or Titan.
  • Initial cost in time and resources would be very high, especially making the 6k plus advanced rifle bullets.
  • I would want to test this in the field against an actual Giga and Titan, away from bases, to see how it works.
  • Again, this system would never, ever be activated unless an actual Giga or Titan is attacking.
  • People wanting turrets for defense against other dinos would want those turrets separate so that the TiGRS would always be fully equipped with sufficient ammo.
  • Theoretically this could be offered to others as a product/service. There would be a charge of the mats and an additional fee for time, especially the making of the bullets, and if wanted a survey of their base and building of a tower.
  • If not then it is just an idea we could put out to the server.
  • At the very least I'd like to build this, test it, and then, if it works like I'm hoping, install it at both of our bases.
  • The actual likelihood of Titans and Gigas attacking our bases, or anyone's bases, is low. But if this system works like I think it will, people would have a solid, dependable response to such attacks and would save themselves time, mats and grief from the great loss that such attacks can cause.
  • This might also serve as a solid deterrent to future kiting attempts. As I mentioned above, once the word gets out that this system works and people know it is installed in someone's base, they would very likely not go to the trouble of trying to kite there.

NOTE: I'd really, really love to hear what the community thinks about this idea. Turrets are incredibly powerful (granted, I play on an easy PVE, but still, they are powerful) and on PVE are really only of use to defend against wild dinos, including those kited, dropped or revived in a base.

2. Build enclosed, metal pens to hold your tames. Not a 100% fix but a deterrent which, combined with TiGRS will make a huge, huge difference.

3. If you must have a revival platform in your base, wall it in and put a roof on it. The owner of my tribe made a garage with a roof and it is big enough to hold a bronto, and a Giga for that matter. Now she had to place columns to get it to work, so I revival platform won't fit, but there are some serious building geniuses out there. It might be possible. Or, if you simply can't roof it in, wall it in, lock the doors, and make it as annoying and difficult to access as possible. Then place, oh say 5, fully stocked, short range, always on, turrets inside with the platform. Lol! Let them revive wilds there. They won't last long. 5 turrets are lethal to just about anything. (Again, at least on PVE, but I strongly suspect it is the case everywhere.

4. Experiment with alarm tripwires. I know that when wild dinos trigger them you get a notification in game, wherever you are. That would give you immediate notice if wilds were dropped in, which might just help you catch them in the act, or at least stop the damage. I'm not 100% sure but non-allied survivors might trigger it too. Or not.

5. Experiment with IEDs. I'm not sure how good they are, and I need to experiment with them myself, but they might be of use.

At the end of the day such measures, while necessary, are a shame. We shouldn't have to act PvP in a PvE server. But we shouldn't just surrender either. I am very, very confident that, if nothing else, the TiGRS (or at least 5 or more turrets placed in strategic positions to cover your entire base, and fully stocked with ammo at all times) can stop them in their tracks. Or that the very least slow them down considerably. I am of the mind frame that we have to fight, and the best offense is a good defense. If they want it, make 'em pay for it. Watch them go to all the trouble of dropping or kiting, only to see their work annihilated in mere seconds by turrets. Hooah! Lol!

Let me know what you think please. I hope it works.

- Rakkasan

Thanks.

TiGRS Logo 2.jpg

Archived