soothing balm so, about soothing balm...

blooper900

so recently I've acquired quite a bit of soothing balm by tributing artifacts, and i was wondering...
If you were taming a creature that takes a long time, can you use two soothing balm on it? and would it tame 100 times faster? 

if anyone knows the answer, please let me know... got my eyes on a giga I found near some mountain ?

The Soothing balm effect does not stack, however it is incredibly useful on its own. I've tamed tusos, gigas, rexs, quetzals all in very little time just by using soothing balms. I found that cave in the south gives a decent chance for soothing balms but by far the best cave for them is the Swamp Cave. I have done it at least 20 times with my frog and almost every time i have gotten three soothing balm. tbh ive hit the tame limit and dont know what to do with all the balm xD

Hope this helped!

-Cap

Soothing balm is da bomb! 

I have no issue spending hard earned Amber on it (when I don’t have any on hand from cave runs and gifts). 

i find the balm and the thick skin buff to be the most useful things I can buy in game. Especially because thick skin lasts for a full 24hrs, so if you’re playing solo that’s pretty good mileage for just 15 Amber!

@blooper900

On 10/25/2018 at 11:52 AM, qdzs1 said:

No it does not give soothing balm but I'd reccomend an imprinted frog plus the aforementioned thick skin and just farm the swamp cave. The artifact will give you potent dust, amber(10-20), riot gear, and soothing balm(3 pieces).

Actually doing the swamp cave CAN always give you soothing balm if you exploit a rather simple trick. Before tributing the artifact (assuming you have the latest version downloaded) you can simply save a backup, this way if you don't get the balm (or the gear you wished for) you can just load the backup save and retribute.

This works for all caves ^^

Another trick you can exploit to get balm is the Arthoplura glitch. By taming a spitting centipede (found in middle chamber cave just use bug repellant, soothing balm and spoiled meat to tame) and mounting it with a saddle no animals will aggro on you. By exploiting this glitch you can easily run the  Ice Cave with primitive fur a decent amount of torches and a few medical brews just in case you still freeze (also you can use thick skin) The Ice Cave has a very high chance of giving a gas mask (I've gotten an ascendant one before) this will allow you to run the Swamp Cave with ease. Also, taming a wolf in the Ice Cave by killing it with a shotgun, (very effective on them) taking the implant and reviving later in an enclosed area to tame will drastically help with the Swamp Cave along with gathering chitin.

Happy Spooktober,

-Cap

Archived