Thinking of trying offline raid protection

R3dHawk

Been thinking lately of going to the offline raid protection servers. Looking for any input from players who have tried this game mode before. I know it's a smaller cluster and player base. Is the community fairly mature or toxic? As soon as I roll up with a rock golem will they actually PvP or just race offline to save what they can of there base?

I have played on an official orp cluster for a few months now. And i love it! It is nice to have a smaller cluster with just one of each map, tribes dont become that big because it is just not necessary, politics are interesting even for the small solo guy, and the maps still provide enough space to hide from potential enemies. The community on my cluster is surprisingly friendly, but there is a lot of action nonetheless. And the orp mode is good as well. It is just more fun to be online and defend when somebody attacks you and it allows you to safely stay away from ark for a couple of days. While i was a bit sceptical about orp exploitation when my mates and i joined the cluster, i have yet to encounter any significant abuse of its mechanics. Just a few issues here and there, and sometimes it is annoying that you cant get rid of abandoned structures until they decay, but the positive aspects heavily outweigh the bad ones for me.

Only suggestions i have right now are that wildcard should disable pincodes on gates/doors/windows, to make orp abuse harder. And they should make bags unable to be orp´ed. Right now it is like if a vault is allowed for demolish, you cant access the bag it drops. Pretty stupid.

This is on pc btw.

Guest DJRone89

@acat the ORP you described is the same across the board. I had it on my unofficial Xbox cluster and everything you detailed was the same for me. I found the inability to pincode turrets and storage containers rather annoying.

13 minutes ago, DJRone89 said:

@acat the ORP you described is the same across the board. I had it on my unofficial Xbox cluster and everything you detailed was the same for me. I found the inability to pincode turrets and storage containers rather annoying.

Ya cool i just wasnt sure if exploiting might be worse on consoles... I agree, it is annoying that you cant code boxes, but if you could, ppl would have invulnerable item storage, unless wildcard thinks more than half a step ahead and just disables any access when something is orp‘ed.  Oh and turrets are actually able to have a code, but it resets after a while, not sure yet what causes that

Guest DJRone89
4 minutes ago, acat said:

Ya cool i just wasnt sure if exploiting might be worse on consoles... I agree, it is annoying that you cant code boxes, but if you could, ppl would have invulnerable item storage, unless wildcard thinks more than half a step ahead and just disables any access when something is orp‘ed.  Oh and turrets are actually able to have a code, but it resets after a while, not sure yet what causes that

Everything is inaccessible when ORP kicks in. My reasoning for why the devs have pincoded storage disabled would be in the event of tribes logging out of a raid, so if the storage media was pincoded, it would delay the rest of the attacking tribes raid until ORP kicks in.

I play exclusively ORP because I can’t stand being raided while I’m not even on..turrets and clever base design won’t matter to an undermapper or boat glitched. 

It still has plenty of raiding and action but the community is definitely more tight. Pretty much any solo is considered a troll, because they are. 2 of them ORP’d their gates on caves, making them invincible. Solo people are just untrustworthy, so make sure to get acquainted before they mistake you as a griefer. If you are..then get out of my sight, you scum :) 

I was recruited in the alpha for being a solo guy on a literally unraidable iceberg base. They were impressed and now I’m in charge of collecting taxes :D We don’t really raid, because of ORP. It’s ALL about knowing when they are on, get inside info. You have to plan a lot more, knowing how many members, when only one of them are on or none, etc. but raiding happens. 

Lastly, there’s a 15 minute timer after they log off. This is the sweet spot. Of course if you are raiding a large tribe, it will be next to impossible. Between all the insider info, getting tames ready to tank, and blowing up their walls, it’s very easy to waste 15 minutes. They’ll just rebuild and use the ORP to their advantage, to the point you’ll never catch them online ever again. It’s a fun mode though

21 hours ago, DJRone89 said:

Everything is inaccessible when ORP kicks in. My reasoning for why the devs have pincoded storage disabled would be in the event of tribes logging out of a raid, so if the storage media was pincoded, it would delay the rest of the attacking tribes raid until ORP kicks in.

Good point with the raid delay, didnt think of that before. But i just tested it, and pincoded things are still accessible when they are orp´ed. I had a pincode on a thatch door which was offline raid protected, and i could open and close it.

Archived