New Small Tribe Servers a Failure

ATMReaper

So the intended purpose was to get newer members a chance to build up with a view to migrating onto bigger servers, result...... Small tribe servers are full of experienced players just out for a laugh so more inexperienced players dont have a chance. This idea will only work if players with another active server with more than a specified amount of hours on it are banned from joining. Not griefing btw as I prefer my own dedicated with mods but after trying it out all I can say is Ill stick with my own as the environment in them servers is toxic.

The only reason the small server have failed is because, once again, Wild Card haven't released enough of them. This is and always has been their biggest problem. They want more people to flock to their wonderful game, yet they never *allow* enough capacity for people to do so.

No casual player is ever going to sit there hitting refresh on a 70/70 server. Not to mention most of them are EU based servers which renders it unplayable for a lot of your population anyway.

It's basic supply and demand. You want the demand for your game to be greater. Then supply your player base with the means to get there.

Right now you're failing at that.

• Volunteer Moderator
6 minutes ago, Jacira said:

The only reason the small server have failed is because, once again, Wild Card haven't released enough of them.

But the small tribe servers haven't failed. The fact they are all pretty much capped shows they are not failing. There's a difference between failing and not having enough servers. The Speciality servers were always meant to be a situation of release a few and see how they go, then add more if they succeed. I don't think there was ever an intention to release hundreds in one go.

Yes they may not have realised initially how successful they'd be, but the fact they released an additional 6 after the original 6 shows they recognise how well they are doing, but it is still too early to determine if it will be a success. So no, the small tribe servers are not failing.

16 minutes ago, Jacira said:

The only reason the small server have failed is because, once again, Wild Card haven't released enough of them. This is and always has been their biggest problem. They want more people to flock to their wonderful game, yet they never *allow* enough capacity for people to do so.

No casual player is ever going to sit there hitting refresh on a 70/70 server. Not to mention most of them are EU based servers which renders it unplayable for a lot of your population anyway.

It's basic supply and demand. You want the demand for your game to be greater. Then supply your player base with the means to get there.

Right now you're failing at that.

"Nobody goes to that restaurant anymore... the wait is too long."

2 minutes ago, GP said:

But the small tribe servers haven't failed. The fact they are all pretty much capped shows they are not failing. There's a difference between failing and not having enough servers. The Speciality servers were always meant to be a situation of release a few and see how they go, then add more if they succeed. I don't think there was ever an intention to release hundreds in one go.

Yes they may not have realised initially how successful they'd be, but the fact they released an additional 6 after the original 6 shows they recognise how well they are doing, but it is still too early to determine if it will be a success. So no, the small tribe servers are not failing.

I never meant that the idea of small tribes has failed. That's just indisputable fact it hasn't. All I meant was that the release of them has been a failure in terms of supply/demand. You say they didn't initially realise how successful they'd be, but that is hard to believe since the community had been screaming for this very thing for a long time. And was also the most popular idea for a speciality server when they asked the community this very thing.

But you are right, it is just a trial/error period so it makes sense why they wouldn't release hundreds in one go. Still, it would be nice to have at least 1 OC server for it. They're kind of shutting out an entire region of the world from playing there, at least in terms of optimal performance.

Archived