Singleplayer Stat Distribution

DromaeoSapiens

• 2 weeks later...

A huge source of bewilderment for me too when I first started.  ?

Many will argue in terms of their play style, but for me with the first goal of eventual level 100:

Health      300   and add anything left over (I can't recall but 330 seems to ring a bell): 
Stamina   150
Oxygen    300
Weight     200
Melee    none
Move       130
Fort            62

I played ocean and land, primarily using tames and avoided fights by myself.

Edit: this was before the weight reduction in armour very recently. Yes, I had to reset by WC mandate but it was so sudden and I didn't know about the armour weight reduction at the time...but I'm still happy.

19 hours ago, RabbitRidge said:

Many will argue in terms of their play style, but for me with the first goal of eventual level 100:

Health      300   and add anything left over (I can't recall but 330 seems to ring a bell): 
Stamina   150
Oxygen    300
Weight     200
Melee    none
Move       130
Fort            62

Edit: this was before the weight reduction in armour very recently. Yes, I had to reset by WC mandate but it was so sudden and I didn't know about the armour weight reduction at the time...but I'm still happy.

just wondering why do u use 300 oxygen

14 hours ago, ScarfaceVP said:

just wondering why do u use 300 oxygen

Oxygen increases your swim speed in addition to the obvious.

As a single player you have to be opportunistic especially in the beginning, even now when scouting I can't resist swooping down off my bird to pickoff a cluster of Trilobites underwater for their black pearls. I don't lug scuba and chowder with me everywhere I go.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks a ton for the all the feedback, I really appreciate it!

On ‎6‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 2:16 AM, d1nk said:

Ill usually go 300 hp, speed 130-140, rest evenly fort/weight until 40+/- fort

I can agree on having (at least) 300 Hp, it definitely feels like it helps your chances of surviving the occasional mishap and ambush.

On ‎6‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 6:15 AM, RabbitRidge said:

Stamina   150
Oxygen    300
Weight     200
Melee    none
Move       130
Fort            62

You've already explained the Oxygen, but why such high fortitude? Is there something that that many points into Fort provides?

I know fortitude grants temperature resistance and quicker torpor recovery, but I'm still a bit curious about what 62 Fort accomplishes.

It also reduces the chance of diseases among other things, but the main reason for me is so that I can wear virtually any amour in caves and biomes (lighter and/or more strength). For example Fur is very heavy, but I can survive the snow with just hide (62 is one of those magic numbers that give 5 instead of 4 per increase).

I see in the patch notes of yesterday's update they increased the insulation even more (8% gain) and with the amour weight reduction of the previous update I probably don't need that much anymore (50 might be the new magic number giving up 6 to reallocate). 

Edit: BTW, it raises resistance to torpidity inflicted so you have lower chance of knockout in the first place.

5 hours ago, DromaeoSapiens said:

Thanks a ton for the all the feedback, I really appreciate it!

I can agree on having (at least) 300 Hp, it definitely feels like it helps your chances of surviving the occasional mishap and ambush.

You've already explained the Oxygen, but why such high fortitude? Is there something that that many points into Fort provides?

I know fortitude grants temperature resistance and quicker torpor recovery, but I'm still a bit curious about what 62 Fort accomplishes.

3 hours ago, RabbitRidge said:

It also reduces the chance of diseases among other things, but the main reason for me is so that I can wear virtually any amour in caves and biomes (lighter and/or more strength). For example Fur is very heavy, but I can survive the snow with just hide (62 is one of those magic numbers that give 5 instead of 4 per increase).

I see in the patch notes of yesterday's update they increased the insulation even more (8% gain) and with the amour weight reduction of the previous update I probably don't need that much anymore (50 might be the new magic number giving up 6 to reallocate). 

Edit: BTW, it raises resistance to torpidity inflicted so you have lower chance of knockout in the first place.

I would raise fort higher than my suggested 40 if i didnt need weight. Dont forget it also protects you from rex roars now too :) 

4 hours ago, RabbitRidge said:

I admit that does sound pretty nice.

Archived