so what was [insert mutant nightmare here] anyway

sharkish

this post is dedicated to figuring out what the mutants of aberration were before the meteor hit. 

ravager-hyeanadon this one is pretty obvious once you think about it. not only are they both dogs but they also have all the same color patterns. 

rock drake- yutryans (excuse my spelling) this one is a bit more speculatory then the others but they both have feathers and very similar posture to each other. 

glowbug- I think that this one was either an ant or a new kind of giant bug that just evolved to deal with the nameless. 

roll rat- another creature that we will never get to see the per-meteor form of. 

basilisk- wyvern? hear me out on this one. even though Titanoboa is the obvious candidate for this one the basilisk both has the poison wyvern's attack and the dossier for the basilisk says "a skull that is more draconic than serpentine."  

nameless- I remember hearing once that the nameless were mutated, humans. BUT there is evidence to contradict this, it is in the form of the overseer, Rockwell! because he injected himself with molten element and mutated into... that it means that the nameless should be similar to him. I don't know what they are yet, but I know they're not humans. 

reaper- this one was by far the hardest one to figure out. it has the basic posture from a Giga but can shoot spines like a thorny dragon, and has horns akin to a fire wyvern. I'm going to say that the reaper was originally native to aberration and formed a symbiotic relationship with the nameless. 

Seeker- a creature that we don't know what it looked like before the aberration meteor. 

Bulbdog- angler 

shoehorn- deer 

featherlight- archa. 

Its my belief that most of the creatures weren't creatures we have seen before. For example, Drakes were always Drakes, but because of the radiation they can now camouflage. Or all the light pets used to be non-charged versions of themselves. 

Things like the Nameless could easily be Humans, as Rockwell injected himself with Element, as opposed to being exposed to it. Nameless could also be a product of radiation, and not the element.

That being said, it's not impossible for some creatures to have been mutated.

Drakes- Allos

Reapers- Rexes

Glowbug- the Water/Oil jug bugs

Seekers- Dimorphodons

3 hours ago, Qwertymine said:

Things like the Nameless could easily be Humans, as Rockwell injected himself with Element, as opposed to being exposed to it. Nameless could also be a product of radiation, and not the element.

rockwell note #3: "An entire ecosystem that has been absorbing the effects of Edmundium for generations!" he's basically saying here that every mutant on Abbaraion is a product of element seeping into the ground. So anything that drinks water is being directly ingesting the element. So if the nameless were human then they would all be more like Rockwell than the chupacabra-inspired nameless.

Ok, if you actually read the explorer notes for Aberration, you'll find that not only is Rockwell a delusional fool, but  that the entire Aberration thing happened REALLY quick.

For starters, the damage to the Aberration ark is NOT due to a meteor hitting it - A group of highly technologically advanced survivors blew up the Overseer and the overseeing station, which basically broke the Ark - it lost it's surface atmosphere, making the surface basically like the moon. The resulting earthquakes from the Ark being destablized opened up the underground, which was PRE-existing - Most of the creatures were already there, alive, in the depths of the Ark. Most of the things in Aberration were a part of the baseline Ark. Do remember that the Ark is kept artificially populated, even in the explorer notes - This was in the island notes, when it was stated that carnivores outnumber herbivores by almost 3 to 1. So there was no "Multiple generations" for the animals to mutate - The data for the Ark got corrupted when it got blown up by the tek survivors, and that's how we get the Aberration stuff. Ravager's aren't Hyeanadons, Roll Rats aren't beavers. Ravagers are a species native to the Aberration ark, like how Morellatops are native to SE. As are Roll Rats

So, yea. it's likely that the

14 hours ago, Frogspoison said:

Ok, if you actually read the explorer notes for Aberration, you'll find that not only is Rockwell a delusional fool, but  that the entire Aberration thing happened REALLY quick.

For starters, the damage to the Aberration ark is NOT due to a meteor hitting it - A group of highly technologically advanced survivors blew up the Overseer and the overseeing station, which basically broke the Ark - it lost it's surface atmosphere, making the surface basically like the moon. The resulting earthquakes from the Ark being destablized opened up the underground, which was PRE-existing - Most of the creatures were already there, alive, in the depths of the Ark. Most of the things in Aberration were a part of the baseline Ark. Do remember that the Ark is kept artificially populated, even in the explorer notes - This was in the island notes, when it was stated that carnivores outnumber herbivores by almost 3 to 1. So there was no "Multiple generations" for the animals to mutate - The data for the Ark got corrupted when it got blown up by the tek survivors, and that's how we get the Aberration stuff. Ravager's aren't Hyeanadons, Roll Rats aren't beavers. Ravagers are a species native to the Aberration ark, like how Morellatops are native to SE. As are Roll Rats

So, yea. it's likely that the

forgive me, i haven't read all the ab notes yet. 

18 hours ago, sharkish said:

rockwell note #3: "An entire ecosystem that has been absorbing the effects of Edmundium for generations!" he's basically saying here that every mutant on Abbaraion is a product of element seeping into the ground. So anything that drinks water is being directly ingesting the element. So if the nameless were human then they would all be more like Rockwell than the chupacabra-inspired nameless.

Ingestion in small amounts overtime is much different than putting Element directly into your bloodstream. 

Archived