Good solo build locations.

Grandta

• 3 months later...

My experience so far on officials.

People aren't really going to tell you this in a public forum.
I'd suggest watching some youtube videos on secret base locations and NOT building there lol.
Other experienced solo pvp players will be on the look out for these spots and might be more of a problem that the resident alpha tribe. Don't steal from or otherwise aggro the alpha tribe....

Some suggestions. Think of places where someone on a rock drake doing a quick sweep isn't going to go/see you.. I've hear the swoosh of rock drakes over head several times and they have not found me yet. Going over every square meter of aberration to find you is probably too much effort unless they are hunting you.

Have multiple small bases. I do a 2x2x2 in stone with a middle floor and an large hatch frame for a roof. Ravagers can jump in. Space for three Ravagers or one and a fabricator.  Stone because if anyone sees it I assume its done for anyway. If its in a darker corner paint the stone black. painting stone black also works if your faking a raided stone base. On the island I'd build in metal and cover it over with stone to stop the newbies getting in. But on aberration there aren't that many newbie solo raiders.

The problem in the green zone is when your out on a dino and they see you. They can follow you back to your base or guess its direction.... If you know then just suicide you and your dino :( I don't see anything escaping a high level rock drake.

In the blue zone, if you have points in run speed or have a fast mount then don't be overly concerned with nameless. There are many spots where they don't seem to spawn. Mostly I run about without my light pet turned off. I only turn it on if I can not run away and need to fight them. On foot you can easily out run them. Try dropping a bed and running about naked for a while and see how far you can get. Running up onto a ledge can work. going up a zip line has worked so far. Build on a stone platform to avoid them spawning inside your base. No lights or you will be found.

In the blue zone get a high level Megalosaurus. You can create a dino pen for it by placing a normal size dino fence right against  a corner and block line of sight with walls etc so dinos don't argo on it. Make it just big enough to fit the  Megalosaurus. It can handle almost any dinos that did manage to get in. It has no trouble eating multiple wild rock drakes.

In the red zone, same thing with nameless. I've only played with this on single player.  i.e. spawn stuff in. logout then in to clear god mode and  then try a rock drake egg run.
Deliberately causing nameless to spawn and munching them on a Megalosaurus for meat is what I ended up doing to get my Megalosaurus health up on simulated rock drake runs.

FYI I'm not a really a pvp player. I play on pvp server but mostly keep to myself and have never raided. defended yes. I've been a resource farmer/tamer in a large alpha on island and scorched before but found it a bit boring. taming your first Quetzal for your self, exciting. Taming Quetzal number 50 using a Quetzal cage (back in the day) boring.  Worse still doing meat runs and raising babies from eggs because the 10+ eggs in the fridge have much better levels than anything your going to find in the wild.

Archived