My opinion on Aberration TEK teleporters

NathanBarrow

A large part of endgame ARK is the TEK progression system, the enjoyment of taking your character and hard earned tames to fight the ARK's boss/overseer has been a well recieved addition to the game. Along with this TEK update came several new and quite literally game changing items. One of these was the TEK teleporter, capable of teleporting players and their tames across the ARK complete with any items in their inventories. Although expensive to make, large tribes quickly started to utilise these new structures to cut down on much annoying and boring travel time to various farming areas or bases across the ARK. With the release of Aberration me and my tribe were quick to reach TEK status, crafting a TEK teleporter a big goal of ours due to the treacherous landscape and creatures inhabiting it. Unfortunatly upon crafting one we found out that they are disabled on the Aberration ARK and with a bit of researching found out that this was due to the lore surrounding the TEK teleporter. At first it was just an irritant, having to travel for a long duration to get to where we would have our different bases, bases that seemed essential to build do to the extreme spread of certain materials and was done in an effort to cut down on travel time. I LOVE ARK, I LOVE ABERRATION, but players are forced into using the 1 and only tame capable of covering the map with ease and in good time, the Rock Drake. At first i loved them but now they have just become forces upon us so that we can play this map. Attempts made by me and others i've played with to use other tames such as the basilisk to transfer bulk weight items and reapers for general travel have further proved the map's design just doesn't suit the tames available. One example being during traveling on a weight basilisk across the blue zone bridge, far above the red zone lake, a wild reaper king knocked the basilisk off the bridge all the way to the bottom where we were forced to bury it to stop it from taking rad dmg and then use a TEK transmitter to get it back upto base, a desicion made due to the time it would take to get the basilisk back upto the top where it had been before. Travelling us just not fun on Aberration, it is annoying and extremely time consuming. I and people I know understand that TEK teleporters have lore, but at what point does lore trump enjoyability. Lore is there to add more depth to the game, to give what is happening meaning, but in regards to the disabling of the TEK teleporter it is something that only takes from the game and it's players. I would like to see the TEK teleporter made useable on official Aberration servers, if u believe that they would be overused as element is easy to get i ask u look at other ARK maps like SE or Island, where tribes like myself have around 15+ TEK teleporters due to how easy element is to farm. With transfering being enabled it only brings Aberration more inline with other ARKs. And if not I would at least like to see your official stand on the TEK teleporter on Aberration and any reasons why you may have disabled it.

Paragraph,please. Pain to read.

But on a serious note, while it is annoying not to have TEK Teleporter in Aberration, frankly speaking, I am fine with it. It adds a depth of difficulty from all the map so far. Abberation is the only map that doesn't allow that and flyers* (every other map allows the said two), and to be honest, just makes traversing too easy. Honestly, if they allowed Teleporter, there will be threads about "taking out Teleporter because it breaks the game" bullpoop and even more than people wanting Teleporter in Aberration because of how "broken and effortless" traversing is.

I mean, if you compare the effort needed to get elements on every other map, and at aberration, there are significant difference. In every other map, you need to get artifact from every cave that needs it for certain bosses, and you need to kill specific dino as well. If you have gotten a bulk of it, gfy. But if you look at what I mean, the effort it takes to get artifacts and tributes just for an easy boss fight for elements is nowhere compared to getting materials for crafting elements in Aberration (and even risk losing your boss-grown dinos in the process either because of network issues or bugs where no one gets teleported, only dinos, and they all die because theres no survivor to keep the boss area rendered). imho, its easier to get resources to craft it once you have settled down in Aberration, and the only thing you have to worry about are would-be thieves and mount dismounter like Sarco, Raptor and Karkinos. If thats not insulting enough, Rockwell is like Overseer; you don't get element from killing it, and you also need alpha tributes for Alpha.

Archived