How to counter cross-server trolls?

ASucculentSucc

So about a week ago, I joined this EU official server. They had an alpha that I’ll just call Eve, and they were good alphas. Offered to let me join their tribe even but I have ownership issues (had a fully metal sunk-foundation raft) so I declined for now. Met some allies in the NE metal mountain, built a huge taming pen that was fit for a behemoth gate. Being a mountain, I had to use metal pillars. 

A day after I tamed a lvl 140 and 120 argentavis simultaneously with pure raw meat and bio toxin, I had a problem. Some notorious trolls got into the server. Only red ob was open, other two were locked tight. Maybe 20 people on at peak time. 

They claimed they were taking it over, and sure enough..every <20 minutes, a tribe here and there complained that some Ptera was c4ing their base. They were also killing ALL tames, they claimed that “a passive game is a useless one” We were under alpha protection, so never needed to build 200 turrets. 

Long story short, both of my argies were killed after finally taming them, my raft was broken into by the ptera WHILE I was going to the northwest glaciers. He landed right on top and BOOM, got in and threw about 10 grenades while I was stabbing him. He killed me and SUNK my raft, didn’t even take anything. Bed was obviously gone. Had a fridge and countless valuables. 

Now to my question. How the hell do I prevent people like that guy (and his tribe) from doing these things? They acted so fast, no time to alert the alphas and none of them were online until I complained, in which 20 instantly came but it was too late for us. Solutions?

25 minutes ago, Hobgobblin247 said:

Ummm turrets lol.. And tribe alliances so they don't take out the alpha 

I mean nobody was exactly built up to the point of a turret base yet, we JUST moved in with the alpha after we helped them wipe out a trolling alpha. I guess they just hit us at the exact wrong place and wrong time 

at least 1 turret covering every possible line of sight set to Only Survivors and High, no warning, will stop a ptera assault.  Heck, you could probably have gotten away with 2-3 species X plants set to players only and high covering each LoS, but they would probably have just blown those up with rockets.

Before you tame anything significant or build anything significant, you need to have the correct amount of autoturrets that structure will require to cover each possible line of sight, plus 200-300 bullets for each turret.  If you don't, you will get hit.  Maybe not at first, but at some point someone will come knocking.  Might even be your friendly alpha tribe, just to give you a not so gentle nudge to better defend your base.  You can also put plant species X and turrets on your raft. 

Rafts are really difficult to defend, however.  Due to clipping issues, someone can make a cheap raft that encloses the driver, thereby blocking turrets from shooting at them, and strap C4 to a structure at the tip of the raft.  They can then ram their raft into yours and blow yours up regardless of it being a fully enclosed metal raft.  Also, C4 placed inside the raft will hit the wooden raft itself and not the foundations you've sunk.

8 hours ago, ASucculentSucc said:

We were under alpha protection, so never needed to build 200 turrets.

There's no such thing as "under alpha protection" when people invade from another server. The first priority of the alphas will always be protecting themselves. The only time that alpha protection has any meaning is when they enforce certain rules on their server, so that people on the server can't pick on each other unfairly.

Your goal is to negotiate with your alphas so that you can built as many turrets as possible, that's your only real protection from off-server attacks.

15 hours ago, ASucculentSucc said:

So about a week ago, I joined this EU official server. They had an alpha that I’ll just call Eve, and they were good alphas. Offered to let me join their tribe even but I have ownership issues (had a fully metal sunk-foundation raft) so I declined for now. Met some allies in the NE metal mountain, built a huge taming pen that was fit for a behemoth gate. Being a mountain, I had to use metal pillars. 

A day after I tamed a lvl 140 and 120 argentavis simultaneously with pure raw meat and bio toxin, I had a problem. Some notorious trolls got into the server. Only red ob was open, other two were locked tight. Maybe 20 people on at peak time. 

They claimed they were taking it over, and sure enough..every <20 minutes, a tribe here and there complained that some Ptera was c4ing their base. They were also killing ALL tames, they claimed that “a passive game is a useless one” We were under alpha protection, so never needed to build 200 turrets. 

Long story short, both of my argies were killed after finally taming them, my raft was broken into by the ptera WHILE I was going to the northwest glaciers. He landed right on top and BOOM, got in and threw about 10 grenades while I was stabbing him. He killed me and SUNK my raft, didn’t even take anything. Bed was obviously gone. Had a fridge and countless valuables. 

Now to my question. How the hell do I prevent people like that guy (and his tribe) from doing these things? They acted so fast, no time to alert the alphas and none of them were online until I complained, in which 20 instantly came but it was too late for us. Solutions?

most griefers are people in alpha and mega tribes on different servers. they have insane amount of resources with op blueeprints and they use good flaks with shields to tank your turrets to get inside. so you eather can put a lot of turrets or join larger protected tribe

Archived