Please, convince me that Aberration is worth my time.

Akherousia

So I play official PvP. and besides the map being gorgeous, the new environmental effects, the fascinating new dinos, what makes me like it so much is the fact you cant transfer dinos. If you can find a map with some friendly people and alliance with them, you can play without harm of a mega alliance tribe with 10+ servers worth of stuff flooding your servers and offline raiding you.

Edit: @MirageUK your icon just got me in trouble at work, because from afar your icon doesnt look like an eye lmao.

Hmmm

This is a hard one for me. :(

There is 6 (sometime more) of us all over 30 that play every day on a clustered setup from nitrado.(Island,Scorched Earth and Aberration)

Like many we found the map amazing looking all the new and different looks was great. :)

but

the first time we needed/wanted to jump back to the island to feed up and work on boss Rexes (to go home) it went down hill fast.

To us the fact we can jump from one ark to a different is the game and is key to the experience .

Moving stuff around and working on our perfect setup is key.

This has always been a game that covered the grind well until you are looking for away out then the non-stop fighting (blue zone) started to burn us out fast. waiting for a drop (2 whole days) just broke us

So much so that for the first time, after we got together to talk about it we decided to spawn in a drop to get us the hell off the place.

Once that decision was made we now consider the map Violated and trashed. So we may spend some time there but it will never have the intended meaning the devs had in mind for us.

I work hard to maintain the game experience for us by not using admin commands no more than i have to. This coming from someone with 3200 hours in the game :D

If only the green charging stations was a server transfer location it would have saved the map for us.

Keep up the work still love the game.

Stay faster that the other guy,don't get eaten. :D:D

This Ark is quite different. There are 4 distinct biomes (and a couple of less distinct ones). As a result, most of the map feels the same when in each biome. It's definitely nowhere near as pretty - I don't think it is supposed to be. That would be the con. The pros are the diversity compared to the other maps. New creatures, familiar mechanics, and difficulty make this a great map. It feels more like a mod in a lot of ways, except that it fits perfectly with the story arc. (helping to explain the SciFi aspect of the Ark.) remember that just because you invest a bunch of play time into this map, it is not like you won't return to the others. This is not Ark 2, just an expansion map really. 

Archived