dedicated server How to set up the holiday event on a dedicated server?

Zahlea

I found the following on the wiki (same information as in the patch notes but slightly more):

How to setup a dedicated server to run the event:
Add -beta holidayevent to the update command line like

app_update 376030 -beta holidayevent validate

and run server with -holidayevent

But I never run anything like app_update - I only keep my server updated through the patches everyone gets. Does anyone know how to get the beta holidayevent branch downloaded so that I can run my server with -holidayevent and take part? I'm on the PC and use Steam. I'm not running my server through SteamCMD but through a .bat-file starting the server (can I just add that command line to my .bat-file?)

I appreciate any help you can give me - I missed out on the halloween event because of the same lack of information and would love to not miss out on this :) Thank you!

2 hours ago, Kimsie said:

I found the following on the wiki (same information as in the patch notes but slightly more):

How to setup a dedicated server to run the event:
Add -beta holidayevent to the update command line like

app_update 376030 -beta holidayevent validate

and run server with -holidayevent

But I never run anything like app_update - I only keep my server updated through the patches everyone gets. Does anyone know how to get the beta holidayevent branch downloaded so that I can run my server with -holidayevent and take part? I'm on the PC and use Steam. I'm not running my server through SteamCMD but through a .bat-file starting the server (can I just add that command line to my .bat-file?)

I appreciate any help you can give me - I missed out on the halloween event because of the same lack of information and would love to not miss out on this :) Thank you!

Mate I would google Steamcmd download, then Dl it. while it is dl'ing  make a new batch.file call it ARKupdate or something and place it in the steamCMD folder. In the Batch.file you write : 

start steamcmd.exe +login yoursteamusername  yoursteampassword +force_install_dir D:/arkserver(replace with the directory you want your server to run from on your pc) +app_update 346110 validate +exit? save it to the steamcmd folder everytime u need to update your server just start the bat.file. you can then edit the bat file and put in the -beta holidayevent safe it, and remember to remove it after the Christmas event. then the bat file would look like this: start steamcmd.exe +login yoursteamusername   yoursteampassword  +force_install_dir D:/arkserver(replace with the directory you want your server to run from on your pc) +app_update 346110 -beta holidayevent validate +exit?

In your server bat.file put in the -holidayevent near the end of the batfile the run it to start your server.  let me know if that helped you mate. Goodluck & Merry Christmas

9 hours ago, Thorium said:

I can see your post and your steps to install the event seem correct.

Keep in mind that you may need to reinstall the server after the event, not just update. Last Halloween event needed a complete reinstall to get rid of the changed spawns.

Oh, thank you for that information! That sounds risky - I'm running the server through my regular Steam ARK install so the only way I know to reinstall the server is to reinstall the whole game. Might not be worth it... again...

Archived