hyenas & dimophs for island swamp/redwood cave

cattafett

so i've got 6 hyenas & 20 dimophs ready to try the swamp/redwood cave 

hyenas have 1600 health 500 melee after imprint with 106 saddle bags and dimophs have 1400 health 400 melee after imprint

all have about 50 level ready to use, how much health should i give them before i start leveling melee?

thank you in advance

1 hour ago, cattafett said:

so i've got 6 hyenas & 20 dimophs ready to try the swamp/redwood cave 

hyenas have 1600 health 500 melee after imprint with 106 saddle bags and dimophs have 1400 health 400 melee after imprint

all have about 50 level ready to use, how much health should i give them before i start leveling melee?

thank you in advance

I like to keep my dimos between 1500 and 2k. It's not a ton of health, but it's usually more than enough to keep them alive. (and if not, I've usually got a ton of dimos to spare) Health is important on Hyenas as well, but they seem to heal pretty well on their own. I haven't experimented enough with their health to have a preferred number though.

EDIT: Also, 20 dimos is a bit overkill. I'd stick with 5-6 along with your hyenas. Should still be more than enough.

53 minutes ago, LouSpowells said:

EDIT: Also, 20 dimos is a bit overkill. I'd stick with 5-6 along with your hyenas. Should still be more than enough.

no such thing as to much fire power:D

thing is i plan on raising a thylo in the cave and have them all following it, that way if someone tries to kite stuff to them between cave runs they should survive

Honestly with those numbers it doesn't matter.... Everything in their path is gonna get shredded.

I go with a pack of 6 imprinted Hyenas and don't even bother with the Dimorphs for swamp cave.

I'd say pump the health to where you feel comfortable and put everything else into Melee to make the Carnage even faster.

5 hours ago, cattafett said:

no such thing as to much fire power:D

thing is i plan on raising a thylo in the cave and have them all following it, that way if someone tries to kite stuff to them between cave runs they should survive

Well, in that cave there can be. It's not so much not needing more teeth, it's more about getting all those stupid birds to follow you through that tight cave. You'll be more than solid with 4-6 dimos, and any more than that and it can be a big pain.

11 hours ago, HalfSlabBacon said:

Honestly with those numbers it doesn't matter.... Everything in their path is gonna get shredded.

I go with a pack of 6 imprinted Hyenas and don't even bother with the Dimorphs for swamp cave.

I'd say pump the health to where you feel comfortable and put everything else into Melee to make the Carnage even faster.

what are your hyenas stats and armor please and do you ride something or go in on foot?

39 minutes ago, cattafett said:

what are your hyenas stats and armor please and do you ride something or go in on foot?

Mine are heavily bred, like 20 generations so it's not really a fair comparison and totally Overkill. On vanilla settings they'd be around 10k health 1k melee, and the saddles would be equivalent to primative. 

Your melee is fine already really. I'd bump health to at least 2k then all melee if they were mine.

I ride a saber in and set the Hyenas to aggressive, whistle ahead and follow.

57 minutes ago, cattafett said:

his stats are kinda irrelevant/bad for comparison because from his videos that he posted on this forum before - he plays on an unofficial server with 5x imprint quality multiplier that makes dinos OP with 100% imprint. And S+ Nanny guarantees 100% imprint.

7 hours ago, DarthaNyan said:

his stats are kinda irrelevant/bad for comparison because from his videos that he posted on this forum before - he plays on an unofficial server with 5x imprint quality multiplier that makes dinos OP with 100% imprint. And S+ Nanny guarantees 100% imprint.

That's for the youtube server yes. My private servers aren't buffed on anything except harvest and breeding timers. Hence why I quoted 10k & 1k....

The ones in that Video are modded Dino's and are over 250k 10k which is why I didn't reference them.

Thanks for the input on my servers... Maybe try asking me first next time? ;)

Archived