Aberration Livestream Today

Grave

Things i want changed in aberration after watching the stream:

• ability to x fer vanilla dinos back and forth, but 2-6 months after launch.
  • earthquakes wont be able to damage structures at all in the safer areas. just a visual effect. would suck to repair all your individual walls and roofs and floors every day.
  • slightly nerf the nameless queens damage. it nearly ripped a 13k hp rock drake in seconds.
  • rock drake glide animation looks a lil too flimsy

There was a demo stream where they were talking a bit and one of the developers was answering questions.

Abberation dinos can be transferred OFF of the abberation ark, but NO dinos can be transferred ONTO Abberation arks.  If you watched the stream, it made more sense that this was the rule.  All of the more "normal" dinos on abberation actually had glow-in-the-dark markings, which means that those dinos were altered specifically for this map.

There were also eggs dropping from tamed rock drakes in the compound.  I'm hoping that means that I'll be able to breed my rock drakes for crazy color mutations or maybe some glowing markings to them.

Wildcard, if you're reading this, two things:  Glow-in-the-dark paint (pretty please!), and significantly increased color mutation chances (so as to not affect balance) for the abberation ark since some of the dinos are supposed to be a result of mutations from radiation and hazards.

6 hours ago, DeFF said:

Missed the stream.

Did they say bout time of rag update and implimenting s+?

Btw s+ is this mode where u can build round staff etc? So servers will lag moooooaaaaar?

Not what causes servers to lag. Tamed and wild dinos do that. Also, Structures  + allows for unified wall segments which if used will reduce the graphical lag a bit but allow for less pop-in.

18 hours ago, Cirilla227 said:

Some means an unspecified amount or number of so pretty much he was told to say they don't know if it will meet the October deadline or not. I bet it was scheduled to release this weekend and instead they decided to demo it at twitch con to get feedback and to see if there are any more things they need to improve. while yes its disappointing I'm glad they at least said we will some it all up and get a date for you guys after twitch con which makes me feel better than them just saying we are delaying it and no other info.

I know what “some” means. I really don’t care. I’m not buying it. It’s just funny at this point. Couldn’t even meet a deadline of “October”. 

• 6 months later...

Archived