[Tool] Clusterchat

s710

Unfortunately my original topic was moved to "Bug Reports & Support", and I can't seem to PM a mod to move it back, so I am recreating the topic here again.

Since I am running my own cluster of 4 ark servers, I have been searching a while for a way to enable chatting across all 4 servers. Especially since my servers are rather low populated.

After my search was unsuccessful for some time, I decided I should create something like this on my own. As it seems, it will not be possible to solve using mods, so I came up with an RCON-based solution. I wrote a little program which connects to a given number of servers using RCON, and reads the chat messages of each server. When a new message arrives, it is forwarded to all other servers, and sent as server message (yellow text).

clusterchat.thumb.jpg.795d23c31fa34df14d75bea636ddc335.jpg

Source code as well as binary downloads for linux and macos are available on github:

https://github.com/patrickjane/arkclusterchat

If anyone wants to try it out, any feedback would be welcome :)

1 hour ago, Toni said:

Is a windows version of that planned? Can you add an option to configure if it should send it as servermessage or as normal chatmessage?

Unfortunately, windows support is currently not planned. But the tool does not have to run on the server where the ark server is running, so maybe you can run it on some other linux box.

Also, the RCON protocol/ark's server commands only allow to send a server message, not a regular message. If some modmaker could change this, I would be happy to have this changed, but I am not familiar with ark modding at all.

23 minutes ago, s710 said:

Unfortunately, windows support is currently not planned. But the tool does not have to run on the server where the ark server is running, so maybe you can run it on some other linux box.

Also, the RCON protocol/ark's server commands only allow to send a server message, not a regular message. If some modmaker could change this, I would be happy to have this changed, but I am not familiar with ark modding at all.

Ok thanks for your answer :)

Archived