Howdy people

Remedy

Hard to say specifics, you looking for official servers?  I would say as suggested to jump into one and get a feel, you might have to jump around a bit to find a home or wait until the new servers come online and then jump on one of them and grow with a new group of friends.

Are you looking for an established tribe already or what?  Noobs will have a harder go at it because many experienced players tend to be cautious over new members.  Extra cautious if they have been insided before.

16 hours ago, ehuhoser said:

Hard to say specifics, you looking for official servers?  I would say as suggested to jump into one and get a feel, you might have to jump around a bit to find a home or wait until the new servers come online and then jump on one of them and grow with a new group of friends.

Are you looking for an established tribe already or what?  Noobs will have a harder go at it because many experienced players tend to be cautious over new members.  Extra cautious if they have been insided before.

This is so very very very true. To many times I thing a lot of pvp players like myself have joined a server and built a tribe only to have it insided be a new tribe member from the server or even forums.

I cannot tell you how many times I have built a decent mid game base only to be insided.

I don't know if that can still happen in a pve server but just don't. If you find some one nice enough to let you into a tribe be greatful and learn all you can. That's one of the best things about this game is every one has a different way of doing things from building to taming.

so make friends share your knowledge ask questions learn and just have fun taming and above all else SURVIVE 

:Jerbhi:

I think you just need to find a good community or clan on the forum or social group. Go through the interview and go to their server! Many clans / communities who teach beginners! Once upon a time I started playing in the company of friends in the arch and right now I play in the clan only with my wife.

If you search for a clan or friends already on the server it will be difficult and will take a lot of time since people said in the comments above "many do not trust to take a newcomer to an already strengthened clan"

On 27/07/2017 at 5:36 PM, ZombiePlague said:

This is so very very very true. To many times I thing a lot of pvp players like myself have joined a server and built a tribe only to have it insided be a new tribe member from the server or even forums.

I cannot tell you how many times I have built a decent mid game base only to be insided.

I don't know if that can still happen in a pve server but just don't. If you find some one nice enough to let you into a tribe be greatful and learn all you can. That's one of the best things about this game is every one has a different way of doing things from building to taming.

so make friends share your knowledge ask questions learn and just have fun taming and above all else SURVIVE 

:Jerbhi:

Yep, people are like that unfortunately. I'm not one of them, I can assure you. 

On 7/30/2017 at 7:02 AM, Remedy said:

It would of been more helpful if I said PC, and always a friendly player. If I play PvP I prefer to play a defensive stance rather than an attacker.

Also I'm from the UK so EU servers/English speakers is better. 

In my experience on and official pvp server you build a base as secure and fast as you can. Don't talk in world chat and keep your head down. You don't let your presence on the server known till you built up enough to defend a decent mid game raid

so your right Remedy defense is the best way to go:Melee_Damage:

• 2 weeks later...
Hello everyone! We are looking for active players (experienced players preferred but not exclusively) for the new official pvp servers that will go online when ARK gets its full release. We're currently 15 players from different countries and timezones, planning to play on a North American server for the best average ping across all player regions within the tribe. Here's some basic information about us: - TheIsland is our map of choice - Discord will be mandatory for easier chat and voice communication - We are currently working on a more detailed plan for the first few days and how to get a good start (will be posted on Discord soon) - We expect you to farm, which doesn't mean that you will become one of those infamous 'alpha tribe slaves', but: especially early on we need to take hold of as many resouces as possible in order to get a grip on the server - Unlike other Alpha tribes we don't force you into roles like "gatherer, tamer, farmer, etc". We want you to play how you like it as long as you are active and productive in what you are doing - No early pvp engagement from our side. It will indeed be a pvp server, but having mindless fights with other tribes over petty resources poses a somewhat decent threat of losing precious time. Rather scout out the server for a few days and see how others progress to gear up and plan properly.

There is no such thing as a trial period for now. However, there will be for everyone that joins after 15.08.2017, as recruiting will continue throughout time. So to our recuirements: - Be active. No need to be online for half the day, but 4-5 hours should be the least. - Playing on a North American server might bring higher pings than you are used to. Keep that in mind. - As stated above, Discord is mandatory. Raiding is impossible to coordinate without voice communication. At all other times, the use of voice chat is up to you. - Preferred age is 18 and above for the usual reasons.
In case you are interested, send me a message either on Discord (preferred) or send me a Steam friend request.
If you want to join our Discord server to check things out: https://discord.gg/wCTgQsM

Archived