Max structure limit per area and OP use of it?

Bramboxc123

So does the max structure limit in a given area apply to structures on platform saddles and rafts when they move into the area?

if so what happens to those structures?

And if it does it really wouldn't be hard for an Alpha tribe to prevent anyone from bringing in any structured dinos.

A 12x12 pillar forest at max height would max out all structures for the area.

Guest BubbaCrawfish
13 minutes ago, Bramboxc123 said:

And if it does it really wouldn't be hard for an Alpha tribe to prevent anyone from bringing in any structured dinos.

I'm sure this only affects placement, not currently placed structures.

You would see this by hitting the limit on a private server, then lowering the limit, and see that the structures wouldn't be deleted, or removed.

4 minutes ago, BubbaCrawfish said:

I'm sure this only affects placement, not currently placed structures.

You would see this by hitting the limit on a private server, then lowering the limit, and see that the structures wouldn't be deleted, or removed.

Possibly good testing method. But I dont think there's any guarantee thatd be how it works.

Could be like a buffer overflow problem and glitch. 

Also i read the limit is 10500 so thats where the 12x12 comes from. Since structure height above ground is ablut 75.

My tribe has come across this issue recently too. We get the "too many structures cannot place" message when we try to put something down. It is right smack in the middle of our base too which is a big problem. Is there a specific radius that we need to destroy to remove this message? Our base is mostly just a huge hollow rectangle over water. Bunch of pillars underneath to suspend up over the water, a sub floor, then our main platform, walls going up the same height as a bronto and a ceiling going flat accross to contain it all.

Also does this apply to egg laying as well?

We have a dodo farm with the rest of our kibble egg layers and noticed the other layers don't actually lay eggs until we pick up all the dodo eggs. Is this a thing?

Do the dodos need to be out of render distance completely to allow other eggs from other dinos to lay?

The structure limit starts at the center of your base and expands outwards as you build. It won't destroy structures but if you destroy something in the no build zone it can't be replaced until enough structures have been deleted to shrink the "red zone" back so you can build again. 

In cases like this it is best to build horizontally not vertically. Just make sure you furnish each area before you continue to build. (Don't build a massive box and then try to place items)

3 minutes ago, SAMPS0N7 said:

The structure limit starts at the center of your base and expands outwards as you build. It won't destroy structures but if you destroy something in the no build zone it can't be replaced until enough structures have been deleted to shrink the "red zone" back so you can build again. 

In cases like this it is best to build horizontally not vertically. Just make sure you furnish each area before you continue to build. (Don't build a massive box and then try to place items)

Well the idea behind this is to purposefully saturate the max building limit so attackers cant place and use cannons.

This would make no sense if the cannons can be moved in on dino platforms.

3 minutes ago, Bramboxc123 said:

Well the idea behind this is to purposefully saturate the max building limit so attackers cant place and use cannons.

This would make no sense if the cannons can be moved in on dino platforms.

I'm more or less replying to Demerus but there is a structure limit of 63 structures on platform saddles so unless you bring a literal army of platform bronto's I don't see this working. 

1 minute ago, SAMPS0N7 said:

I'm more or less replying to Demerus but there is a structure limit of 63 structures on platform saddles so unless you bring a literal army of platform bronto's I don't see this working. 

Nooo I mean for the defenders to prevent attackers with platform structures.

It sounds like the attackers can bring in cannons regardless. 

Just now, Bramboxc123 said:

Nooo I mean for the defenders to prevent attackers with platform structures.

It sounds like the attackers can bring in cannons regardless. 

Oh ok, sorry didn't realize that's what you were saying. Yes they could for sure bring it platforms with cannons. If anything they just wouldn't be able to place anything down if it got destroyed. That being said from my experience with the structure limit you don't have to go very far away from your base to start building again so unless they are right on your doorstep it would be a waste of time. 

6 minutes ago, SAMPS0N7 said:

Oh ok, sorry didn't realize that's what you were saying. Yes they could for sure bring it platforms with cannons. If anything they just wouldn't be able to place anything down if it got destroyed. That being said from my experience with the structure limit you don't have to go very far away from your base to start building again so unless they are right on your doorstep it would be a waste of time. 

K I figured the renderdistance limit would be further than the ranged weapon. Sounds like it isnt

Archived