Dinos due for a nerf

Lancelot

Just now, Zederia said:

yes, just an empty world, that sounds like lots of fun..

that sounds like such a good game, while we at it fixing the game for all the people who don't like spending time working, I think we should all spawn into giant metal bases covered in turrets, and god mode should be active so I never loose my stuff when im trolling people

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Ep1cM0nk3y said:

And spoiler alert... if you actually tame for stamina stat'd flyers you DON'T EVEN NEED TO LAND AS MUCH OR AT ALL TILL YOU REACH YOUR DESTINATION.. ikr, anti flying nerfers just had their minds blown.

It's not about the not needing to land. it's about the TIME it takes to get anywhere. seriously. they made a scout the "most used dino" and to fix that ONE dino, they destroyed 90% of the air game. The scouts should have been scouts, not fighters. but the fighters can't fight well anymore either.

Just now, Zederia said:

no, it did not HAVE to happen. it's whining people that "made" it happen. and really, if they wanted to balance things with land/sea dinos, they should have BUFFED the others, not nerfed the air to the ground

You are wrong, but keep crying, your salty tears taste so delicious.. flyers were OP, across pve and pvp, everyone (including myself) had super fast flyers and we loved them, but the nerf is better for the game.. 

Just now, Zederia said:

It's not about the not needing to land. it's about the TIME it takes to get anywhere. seriously. they made a scout the "most used dino" and to fix that ONE dino, they destroyed 90% of the air game. The scouts should have been scouts, not fighters. but the fighters can't fight well anymore either.

my 800% damage argy says otherwise

Just now, Zederia said:

Ever use an argy? Quetz can still get in better position (due to flying, who woulda thought)  and seige away, a good wyvern can still use several breath attacks but you can't just spam and disregard stamina like you used to.. you actually have to be smart with flyers now because they are unforgiving when you screw up, no more easy mode for you..

Just now, Zederia said:

right... because you can outmaneuver anything in the air with it? PvP argent vs argent is about who his the most HP and that's it. There's nothing special about that.

yeah I like argies tho, so I don't really pvp in it I just use it for meat gathering or weak alpha killing as it has little to none health haha , his name is the Monster and he is pretty, but painfully slow.

On a side note the Tape-jar is quickly becoming my new favourite flyers. His quick, medium health, poop stam , poop attack , alright weight.  they have some super pretty colours and I love that you can fly backwards. Tape-jar needs more respect

1 minute ago, Zederia said:

right... because you can outmaneuver anything in the air with it? PvP argent vs argent is about who his the most HP and that's it. There's nothing special about that.

I fought with a level 50something argy against wyvern several months ago, didn't die and picked several riders to their deaths,  saved a bronto even. , every time they came for me i dipped back into tree cover.., how did I do that while wyvern were vastly superior to my argy? Do you even pvp?

Just now, LEDminer said:

1: What kind of buff would have made the ground dinos good or better than pre-nerf flyers? Give the rex wings? Give us TEK jetpacks for raptors? Spring boots for procoptodon?

2: It had to happen, no matter what. The one undeniable reason for it was the game engine, which could NOT keep up with the 200%+ speed pteras speeding across the map littered with Bob's bases he has abandoned.

3: Learn the game. If you don't have time to travel on land to get stuff, go to a boosted server. They may even have mods that bring back your old flyers.

let's take these one at a time, shall we?

1: pathing AI is GARBAGE. The rex can't walk over simple rocks. (the procoptodon isn't bad actually, but it's a tedious, not difficult tame)

2: The game can't keep up with 200+% land dinos either, so..

3: I know the game. the game WAS great till they kept pushing things further and further to the ground. it's not anywhere near as enjoyable as it used to be. Tedium does NOT equal difficulty.

2 minutes ago, Ep1cM0nk3y said:

I fought with a level 50something argy against wyvern several months ago, didn't die and picked several riders to their deaths,  saved a bronto even. , every time they came for me i dipped back into tree cover.., how did I do that while wyvern were vastly superior to my argy? Do you even pvp?

All you did was "pick" that's not what the argent was designed for. and "several months ago" the flier nerf wasn't a thing

Just now, Zederia said:

let's take these one at a time, shall we?

1: pathing AI is GARBAGE. The rex can't walk over simple rocks. (the procoptodon isn't bad actually, but it's a tedious, not difficult tame)

2: The game can't keep up with 200+% land dinos either, so..

3: I know the game. the game WAS great till they kept pushing things further and further to the ground. it's not anywhere near as enjoyable as it used to be. Tedium does NOT equal difficulty.

as previously stated I have the answer, remove all dinos from the game and we wont have anything to complain about anymore. !

Just now, LEDminer said:

1. Agree on the pathing. It's a bit rubbish, but the devs will get around to fixing in the beta (hopefully).

3. So the game was enjoyable when a giga could run around the map one-shotting nearly any creature, and the birds could go from north to south in a matter of minutes? Sounds like some bs to me.

1: They should have fixed pathing before trying to force us to use the ground.

3: no, I completely agree on the giga issue. but they only nerfed the tamed ones, not the wild ones. AND the giga is the ONLY dino that gets weaker when tamed. (that makes NO sense WHATSOEVER)

2 minutes ago, Zederia said:

1: They should have fixed pathing before trying to force us to use the ground.

3: no, I completely agree on the giga issue. but they only nerfed the tamed ones, not the wild ones. AND the giga is the ONLY dino that gets weaker when tamed. (that makes NO sense WHATSOEVER)

I agree with both, side points being tho

1 but wildcard where never going to do it that way, at least they have forced us to the ground closer to the fixing stage. imagine if they made flyers redundant 8 months ago when everyone with and internet connection and a degree in game building was telling them to nerf flyers.

3 - no side point for this I have tried and tried to see this from different points of view about why that would be the case and I honestly cant think of any good reason but to appease all the cry babies that kept loosing their stuff to giga's 

12 minutes ago, Zederia said:

All you did was "pick" that's not what the argent was designed for. and "several months ago" the flier nerf wasn't a thing

Umm, argy is a great picker in combat,  lots of weight for the azzholes that overburden themselves to counter picks,  they are slower than pteras so it actually took some skill,  especially against wyvern, which were a lot faster cause it was prenerf... so my comment stands, do you even pvp? Cause you sound ignorant about the game as a whole,  I guess you never ventured out from the meta to enlighten yourself about all the amazing tames we have at our disposal and how to use the tames that are already our bread and butter in new and highly effective ways regardless of how useless (lvl 50something argy...) They seem..

2 minutes ago, spacejam said:

I agree with both, side points being tho

1 but wildcard where never going to do it that way, at least they have forced us to the ground closer to the fixing stage. imagine if they made flyers redundant 8 months ago when everyone with and internet connection and a degree in game building was telling them to nerf flyers.

they listen to the complainers, on Reddit more than anything. Just look at everything that got hit, and added. 'When will be able to strafe?" "here, have an aileron roll which will damage dinos" "Remove the roll from pteradons"   yea..

they listen to the complainers, on Reddit more than anything. Just look at everything that got hit, and added. 'When will be able to strafe?" "here, have an aileron roll which will damage dinos" "Remove the roll from pteradons"   yea..

maybe we should put the complainers out of their misery

Just now, spacejam said:

maybe we should put the complainers out of their misery

Watch the original trailer. They didn't give what they "advertised" in it. But again, the problems hit because they added new things that they wanted to be the peak of the game. Gigas, Titan.. wyvern, look at what they keep doing. next we'll have a phoenix, what is that going to that?

Watch the original trailer. They didn't give what they "advertised" in it. But again, the problems hit because they added new things that they wanted to be the peak of the game. Gigas, Titan.. wyvern, look at what they keep doing. next we'll have a phoenix, what is that going to that?

it'll look pretty friggin cool ! but yeah I remember that trailers, 5 dudes with spears in hide taking on a rex  lol get rekt son

remove the aileron roll and add the strife, fixed scout

I would l.ike to see an argy power dive, eagles/vultures when up high tuck in their wings and power dive down quickly, I feel like this could solve the argy slow problems  fly up to the world boarder and dive down to the other side of the map.

1 hour ago, Zederia said:

But not upgradable, which makes it one of the SLOWEST. not to mention Galli is 29, faster (at 100%) and raptor is 18, and at 100% faster. (and I'm NOT counting non-saddle dinos/mammals)

but both lack in other parts. being mainly skipping over objects or large areas of land that are hard to cross. 

they are viable in some situations but not for all. and thats how it should be. you should be able to use multiple dinos for the same thing and not be at a huge disadvantage

Archived