How to get wyvern eggs after flyer nerf

TheGreatDarko

Howdy i was wondering what new ways you guys use to get wyvern eggs with the new flyer nerf that makes most of the flyers to slow to escape wild wyverns???

I try using a wyvern but wild wyverns are so fast he ended up chasing me to the red  obelisk almost killing my wyvern it was impossible to escape, i normally play alone i dont have the option to have a tribeman for bait.

I heard you can use a Thyla to steal eggs, or a Gallimimus with some tribemates.

If you guys have any  good tips or ideas post them here.

17 minutes ago, wallaby said:

a thylacoleo? lmao you would have to dang insane to go into scar on any land tame! the way to do it is to get an ally to fly through and pull all the wyvs then u swoop in grab an egg and zen u probably all die anyway because ''balance''

Thylo is in my opinion the easiest way to get eggs now. You do need some climbing skills but then it will be alright.

1 hour ago, wallaby said:

a thylacoleo? lmao you would have to dang insane to go into scar on any land tame! the way to do it is to get an ally to fly through and pull all the wyvs then u swoop in grab an egg and zen u probably all die anyway because ''balance''

I had this thought the other day too xD

Unless u have a wyvern also, good luck lmfao. Gonna take forever to run the cave as well coz of this stamina BS as well. This is so stupid tho, how are people with out wyverns supposed to get eggs with out buying them or stealing them? Personally I hate using wyverns to collect eggs anyway, too big and the turning radius is terrible for getting into the nests. The only way ur gonna get eggs with out a wyvern is if there's basically no wyverns in the area to agro to you when u steal the egg. Those occasions are very rare, and getting a good egg on those occasions even rarer.

Forget eggs... short of killing an alpha how do you get milk? We built a dragon trap in the desert out of pillars and ceilings with a behemoth gate on one end and a small gate on the other... argent baits female dragon in, someone closes the back door after her... then tranq away. Except with vanilla settings the argent can't outrun a dragon long enough to get her in the trap anymore.

Just now, Saris said:

Forget eggs... short of killing an alpha how do you get milk? We built a dragon trap in the desert out of pillars and ceilings with a behemoth gate on one end and a small gate on the other... argent baits female dragon in, someone closes the back door after her... then tranq away. Except with vanilla settings the argent can't outrun a dragon long enough to get her in the trap anymore.

you can outrun wyver with Galli or Thyla with hight speed stats and lure them to trap for milk.

shoot them with rifle and run to trap.

Just now, chainsawsquirrel said:

I had this thought the other day too xD

Unless u have a wyvern also, good luck lmfao. Gonna take forever to run the cave as well coz of this stamina BS as well. This is so stupid tho, how are people with out wyverns supposed to get eggs with out buying them or stealing them? Personally I hate using wyverns to collect eggs anyway, too big and the turning radius is terrible for getting into the nests. The only way ur gonna get eggs with out a wyvern is if there's basically no wyverns in the area to agro to you when u steal the egg. Those occasions are very rare, and getting a good egg on those occasions even rarer.

I try using wyvern, once you get surrounded by a few wild wyvern they will rip you apart, tame wyverns are to slow.

wild wyverns are so fast they will get you stuck with the crappy collision points of the wyvern you will be stuck and unable to move at least my experience.

15 hours ago, TheGreatDarko said:

I try using wyvern, once you get surrounded by a few wild wyvern they will rip you apart, tame wyverns are to slow.

wild wyverns are so fast they will get you stuck with the crappy collision points of the wyvern you will be stuck and unable to move at least my experience.

jeeeeesus, u tried aggroing them first then luring them away? If that don't work, then wild card gotta fix this, coz this sht just can't go on.

• Volunteer Moderator
18 hours ago, wallaby said:

Not really. I mean, it just needs some preparation beforehand, like this guy did.

18 hours ago, wallaby said:

A thyla actually works it's very risky business but if you are careful and don't rush it's possible.

I only lost 400 health on my thyla, it has a standard saddle and was not bred so I didn't get the imprint bonus.

Just now, DESTROYER said:

A thyla actually works it's very risky business but if you are careful and don't rush it's possible.

I only lost 400 health on my thyla, it has a standard saddle and was not bred so I didn't get the imprint bonus.

Did you clear the area of wyvern or did you go straight for the egg and escape?

Just now, Darkwinter said:

Watch the video ciabatta posted.

I did, in the video he kills most of the wyverns in the area before stealing the egg, i was wondering if it was possible to steal and run with out having to clear the area. in the server i play  players are not that friendly i dont want to waste time killing wyverns and having another player steal the egg.

23 hours ago, Darkwinter said:

Thylo is in my opinion the easiest way to get eggs now. You do need some climbing skills but then it will be alright.

The saddle is not in the consule yet. So it is not a sollution. WC brings in a dino after weeks and weeks they decide it is smart to make saddle and put it in. Why make a new dino without access to the saddle. Most smart move is dino and saddle, but WC laks this kind of smart thinking.....

2 hours ago, TheGreatDarko said:

I did, in the video he kills most of the wyverns in the area before stealing the egg, i was wondering if it was possible to steal and run with out having to clear the area. in the server i play  players are not that friendly i dont want to waste time killing wyverns and having another player steal the egg.

If it can run fast enough haha

9 hours ago, TheGreatDarko said:

yeah i did. to slow and stamina drops like crazy when you use special attack.

So, lemme get this straight, you can't even outrun wild wyverns on a tame wyvern?

They need to do a speed boost for all flyers, boost em all up by the same amount to the point where you can at least collect eggs with pteras. Either that or bring out some magical new tame that just so happens to be useless at everything but collecting wyvern eggs, like a flying motherfking oviraptor that doesn't aggro the wyverns when it takes the eggs. That might even be the answer, landing in the nests using oviraptors on the eggs when wyverns aren't too close.

Archived